A-10 Tourney 2014

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I have a bunch of family in Brooklyn, so my son and I are going up for the weekend. I'm expecting to have plenty of time to spend with them since Mason almost certainly will get bounced early.

Harry

Starter
Could be a little better this year if UMass keeps rolling. You know vcu is gonna bring a ton of fans, but most of the A-10 is small private schools whose attendance generally sucks.
vcu travels well? How do we know this...the CAA tourney was always a home game for vcu.

Harry

Starter
Last year, they had twice as many fans at Barclays than any other school. They basically took over the place.
Thanks for the clarification. It just seemed like they never travelled that well to the Pat Dome...figured most of them were locals.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Interesting they play this tournament in such a large venue.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Interesting they play this tournament in such a large venue.

They probably got a deal. The A10 announced the contract even before Barclays was opened. And there are more A10 alums living in the NYC area than anywhere else, which is why they went there.

I'd much rather hang out in a half full Barclays than a full RC any day.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
They probably got a deal. The A10 announced the contract even before Barclays was opened. And there are more A10 alums living in the NYC area than anywhere else, which is why they went there.

I would agree on that. However, as a whole, I'm just tired of looking at preseason tournaments, postseason tournaments, etc. being played with loads of empty seats. Just looks bad, but oh well.

Harry

Starter
Agree,
1) If money is not an issue, otherwise give me the low-cost Mauseleum
2) Given that RC is only full when vcu is playing in the final.

For the first time in many years, I am not planning to attend the conference tournament. Just can't justify the doubled price tag, for hotel, transportation, and tickets, given our team. Love visiting the Big Apple, but not this year...

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Ernest Hemingway said about New York: "it is a place you go to for a short time."

No doubt our men's basketball team will be living up to that advice.

sigmanorm

Starter
What's the resale market like for the A-10 tourny? In the past, I've gotten an all games pass and found it relatively easy to sell at face value the pass after Mason was eliminated--ticket vultures often came to the Mason section as the game was ending asking if you were interested in selling them.
I will have 4 tickets for sale after we lose in our first game. Probably not what you are looking for...haha
I am taking the family for a Trip to NYC and the Barclays, oh yeah and maybe a basketball game. Of course the hotel and tickets are going to set me back a lot more than a trip to RIC. What the heck. Might as well go. Maybe I can go to Mrs. Pearson's house for dinner one night!!

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Wasn't there a rumor somewhere that the BB&T will become an 8-team exempt event?

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I heard a-10 is looking at the Richmond Coliesum to be closer to Headquarters. Pending renovations I can see this happening after a few years at Verizon if no conflict with ACC. Big Ten will probably take Barclays and push a-10 elsewhere.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I heard a-10 is looking at the Richmond Coliesum to be closer to Headquarters. Pending renovations I can see this happening after a few years at Verizon if no conflict with ACC. Big Ten will probably take Barclays and push a-10 elsewhere.
A-10 Women's Tourney is there this year.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I watched some of this online, UMass opened up on a 15-0 run in less than 4 minutes.

Props to the ladies for never giving up.

I did likewise - gutsy performance and tenacity. Like what I saw from the lady patriots. Might have to switch up which games I attend.

sigmanorm

Starter
Just did a search on ticketmaster for tournament seats. You can get the 1st row under the basket still. Also 10th row on the side is available. Wonder what seats the teams get? Must not be a lot of people going for those seats to still be available