A-10 or CAA?

Are you glad George Mason joined the A-10 Conference for Basketball?

• Yes, happy George Mason is in the A-10 and joined the year we did

Votes: 36 90.0%
  • No, I wish George Mason was still in the CAA

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Indifferent, still analyzing the move

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

G M U

Starter
If a run were possible, we would need the right match ups. We've shown that we do not match up well against many A10 teams (1 win in 8 opportunities this year). Realistically I can see us beating maybe Umass, St. Louis, and only because we played them tight, GW. All other A10 games haven't really been close. God forbid we draw Fordham again.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
I miss GMU playing in a smaller, regionally focused conference (VA, NC, teams). However, there is high reward in playing in A10 based on the amount of bids the conference normally gets. If GMU can get back to a competitive place, the A10 will be an awesome fit.

* I have no opinion however on the year GMU joined.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If a run were possible, we would need the right match ups. We've shown that we do not match up well against many A10 teams (1 win in 8 opportunities this year). Realistically I can see us beating maybe Umass, St. Louis, and only because we played them tight, GW. All other A10 games haven't really been close. God forbid we draw Fordham again.

I'd add Lasalle to the winnable list.

OP
TweederGMU

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We always play well against UofR and always play like crap against Fordham.

Steve33

Sixth Man
All of the what if is moot. We are where we are and I, for one, am happy to be in the A-10. Paulsen will get it together over the next few years and this team should sniff .500 in the 17-18 season. Until then I will enjoy watching the games with little expectation of a win, but look for solid improvement from week to week.

I agree with you 100% 2017-18 is the season to look at. The A10 tourney is in DC, If all plays out well Otis, Grayer, Abram will be Juniors and this upcoming recruiting class will be in their second season (or first if red-shirted) .500 record is not too much to dream of for that season.

patriotchild

Starter
I'd rather be in the A-10 and watch good/great teams beat us than watch mediocre (sometimes good) basketball in the CAA. The quality of basketball is way better night in and night out. Plus, it will be much more satisfying when we're winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing I miss about the CAA is following the players and there chance to possibly make the NBA. Just not as amped about it in the A-10 yet. Probably will come with time thou. I still follow JJ Berea, Gary Neal, and Matt jamming keeps making NBA training camps.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The thing I miss about the CAA is following the players and there chance to possibly make the NBA. Just not as amped about it in the A-10 yet. Probably will come with time thou. I still follow JJ Berea, Gary Neal, and Matt jamming keeps making NBA training camps.

Here's a list of A-10 players in the NBA. Gary Neal is listed because he transferred to Towson from La Salle, so there you go.

http://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/Atlantic-10-Conference/10/nba-players