A-10 Awards

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
Mo Alie-Cox spent 5 years in HS and was ruled academically ineligible at the start of his college career, and now is on the all-Academic team. That's either one hell of a success story or vcu has borrowed UNC's curriculum....or can you just take 120 credits of painting at vcu?

Last edited:

KAOriginal

All-American
Surprised Hewitt did not get MVP. Considering opposing coaches pretty much knew he was almost a guaranteed win for them....

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Mo Alie-Cox spent 5 years in HS and ruled academically ineligible at the start of his college career, and now is on the all-Academic team. That's either one hell of a success story or vcu has borrowed UNC's curriculum....or can you just take 120 credits of painting at vcu?

Perhaps, he deserves our praise - see http://www.vcuathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2014-15/releases/20150310j25j7m:

"In the classroom, Alie-Cox holds above a 3.0 in Criminal Justice and has earned a spot on the AD's Honor Roll three times."

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
He shows a fine eye for the avante garde.

IMG_4497.JPG

A dog with yellow polka dots? That's highly creative! And how is he holding that soap w/out an opposable thumb? Makes you think.

That's A+ classroom work there at the Richmond Art Institute.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I believe Thompson should of been on the 2nd Team All-A10. The beast is ranked 5th in the nation in rebounding and 2nd with offensive rebounding.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I believe Thompson should of been on the 2nd Team All-A10. The beast is ranked 5th in the nation in rebounding and 2nd with offensive rebounding.

It's a super guard heavy league and I don't think the voters knew what to do with Ndoye, Larsen, Lalanne or Thompson. They all probably deserved better than being shoved into third team.

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
Rudy is majoring in BioChem. I feel that if he has that major and is eligible, that probably trumps Cox's 3.0 in Criminal Justice and whatever Biruta's GPA is w/ a major in Public Relations.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I believe Alie-Cox was ineligible because he did not meet the NCAA's requirements for credits earned in high school. That doesn't necessarily mean his grades were bad, only that the classes he took in HS were weak.