9 Games Left...How Many Wins...?

KAOriginal

All-American
Serious question.

9 games left, 5 home games. Just 7 games out of 1st place...LOL.

Three teams just ahead of us: Fordham not on the schedule, Dayton may be takeable at home and we get Duquesne at home as well.

Richmond, St. B and LaSalle are the next bracket ahead...each currently have 3+ wins.

Can we go 2-7 or better?

Last edited:

DeepValue

Starter
Our guys started to get free today. I wouldn't underestimate them right now. It's like being down five in match play. After you give up you become dangerous.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Until we actually beat somebody, I'm gonna stick with 0-16.

I do think it's mostly psychological at this point, though. If we get one, we could get 3 or 4 and be fairly dangerous in the A-10 tournament.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This could go one of two ways. I've been thinking we might very well do this...
Im fine with going 0-16 and undeafted in Brooklyn.
...but after today, I've gotten suckered into thinking this team is due to break out. We should be able to beat Dayton on Wednesday, and maybe that unlocks the mental logjam and we go 7-2 or better the rest of the way.

mason2k1

Starter
This video popped up on my fb. Made me think of our recent losing streak.
Now, I understand that our outcomes aren't randomly generated... I think. We have players and coaches that dictate the outcome, and the other team has some last minute, oh S we're down, hurry up and enter the cheat code strategy. However, let's pretend that the outcome is random, 50/50, because the more I watch the more I'm not so sure that it's not. My argument is that when a game is tied, or nearly tied (within 4) with little time left on the clock then those last minute shots and rebounds and putbacks and blocks might as well have a random success rate.
Anyways, the probability of a 7 game losing streak (in a randomly generated game) is 0.78%..not 78%
and 254 (back to the point of the video) random games would have to be played to get the 7 L's in a row.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFfSfzjhfC8

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we finish the RS with 9 consecutive wins.

It's a win-win for me.

If we do, I look like a genius and we'd all be thrilled.

If we don't ... well, like Gunnie said, I'm just some know-it-all jagoff. Who cares what I think? :D