4th of July Shout Out to Son — Graduated from ROTC Advanced Camp at Fort Knox

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Spent Fourth of July at Fort Knox to attend oldest’s graduation from ROTC Advanced camp where he was one of four from Mason representing. Top third of his cadre.

Hooah!

Will be a newly minted 2nd LT when he graduates from Mason.

Last edited:
Cool--my grand pappy cut hair at Fort Knox for decades...saw many fireworks nearby and played on the tanks there as a young Jollay.

Good for him and he will do great things leading America against the Canadians or whoever threatens us next

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Cool--my grand pappy cut hair at Fort Knox for decades...saw many fireworks nearby and played on the tanks there as a young Jollay.

Good for him and he will do great things leading America against the Canadians or whoever threatens us next

He wants to hack China into submission - he is aiming for Cybercom and special forces.

Hey, what a coinkydink! My neighbor's, dog's, Veterinarian's, twice-removed-cousins's, ex-girlfriend graduated that very same day from my Aunt Besty's Sock-Puppet Sewing with Wine class!

Way to go to the both of them!!!

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Hey, what a coinkydink! My neighbor's, dog's, Veterinarian's, twice-removed-cousins's, ex-girlfriend graduated that very same day from my Aunt Besty's Sock-Puppet Sewing with Wine class!

Way to go to the both of them!!!

Is she hot?

Spent Fourth of July at Fort Knox to attend oldest’s graduation from ROTC Advanced camp where he was one of four from Mason representing. Top third of his cadre.

Hooah!

Will be a newly minted 2nd LT when he graduates from Mason.

Awesome! Tell him to trust his NCOs whenever he finally gets to his first duty station. I took a break from vcu to deploy to Iraq back in the day - always had to break in the fresh LTs. Good luck to him going forward.

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Awesome! Tell him to trust his NCOs whenever he finally gets to his first duty station. I took a break from vcu to deploy to Iraq back in the day - always had to break in the fresh LTs. Good luck to him going forward.

Gopher+Ram Fan - Thanks!

We talked about that and that was has been taught to him. He had a lot of leadership positions in Boy Scouts (his troop was run by a bunch of Army COL and two generals) -- so he has developed good listening skills. The NCOs are experts in what they do -- he is just a newbie.

he is now at Wright Patterson starting an internship in Cyber. Just landed in Dayton.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

I got my head shaved at Fort Knox prior to being allowed to play on the tanks occasionally and shining my boots & cleaning the shitter regularly.

If it was your Grand Pappy who did it, Screw Him! I hope he gets bit in the testicles by a rabid Basset Hound.

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I got my head shaved at Fort Knox prior to being allowed to play on the tanks occasionally and shining my boots & cleaning the shitter regularly.

If it was your Grand Pappy who did it, Screw Him! I hope he gets bit in the testicles by a rabid Basset Hound.

I really want to understand what you are saying here - but Im lost.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I really want to understand what you are saying here - but Im lost.

I'm saying I did my basic training at Ft. Knox a long, long time ago. If Jollay's Grandfather was a barber there, there's a chance he might've shaved my head which was the mandatory haircut at the time.

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I'm saying I did my basic training at Ft. Knox a long, long time ago. If Jollay's Grandfather was a barber there, there's a chance he might've shaved my head which was the mandatory haircut at the time.

Ahhhh got it - pardon - sometimes the wheels turn slow in my head. Was the haircut that bad?