299 Days of English

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Did Malik and Polite play in the scrimmage? I think TJ is coming off injury but didn't know about these two.

Any word on Coopers injury?

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Watched a bit of the stream (see above). Glad that was available. Not to nitpick, but the audio sounded like it was coming from the bottom of the Grand Canyon.

Maybe a generational thing, but I found the constant music in the background during the men's scrimmage was quite annoying. Would much rather hear squeaking basketball shoes and crowd reactions. Also, with all the new players, it was hard to get a sense of the new guys as I didn't memorize their numbers.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I like how KE called out some of the players bc they talking during his speech.
I also think KE was a little nervous.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Watched a bit of the stream (see above). Glad that was available. Not to nitpick, but the audio sounded like it was coming from the bottom of the Grand Canyon.

Maybe a generational thing, but I found the constant music in the background during the men's scrimmage was quite annoying. Would much rather hear squeaking basketball shoes and crowd reactions. Also, with all the new players, it was hard to get a sense of the new guys as I didn't memorize their numbers.
I watched about 2 minutes of it. Some guy in a blue shiney jacket walking around saying something I couldn't understand with, yes, loud music. Not being critical. I guess the students liked it, but just not my thing.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"About the Position:

The Assistant Director of Fan Engagement is responsible for developing and executing marketing, campus engagement, and promotional plans to increase fan and student attendance and engagement on game days for George Mason Intercollegiate Athletics.
This position will work collaboratively with the Director of Marketing, department and University colleagues on strategic marketing initiatives to increase ticket sales and enhance the game day experience."

Last edited:

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

"About the Position:

The Assistant Director of Fan Engagement is responsible for developing and executing marketing, campus engagement, and promotional plans to increase fan and student attendance and engagement on game days for George Mason Intercollegiate Athletics.
This position will work collaboratively with the Director of Marketing, department and University colleagues on strategic marketing initiatives to increase ticket sales and enhance the game day experience."
Must not be afraid of noise or yelling!!!!! Must have the ability to tell old people to go to the opera, a library, or a movie if noise is bothersome.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Must not be afraid of noise or yelling!!!!! Must have the ability to tell old people to go to the opera, a library, or a movie if noise is bothersome.
As you all know, I am a curmudgeonly old fart who is stuck in the past, BUT, yes, at sporting events, the louder, more raucus and intimidating the home fans can be, the better. That's why it's called the home court/field ADVANTAGE.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
As you all know, I am a curmudgeonly old fart who is stuck in the past, BUT, yes, at sporting events, the louder, more raucus and intimidating the home fans can be, the better. That's why it's called the home court/field ADVANTAGE.
tell the other old farts that.... few and far between of that age at our games think the way you do... they all need to in order to give some sort of advantage at home. If I get a SHHH the 3 games I can attend this year I will lose it this year.