2200 days of Brad Edwards

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"During the past seven years, Bramble has served as the head coach of the women's soccer program at George Mason. Under his direction, Mason has made significant strides both academically and athletically. The Patriots have earned a NSCAA College Team Academic Award five consecutive years, boasting a team grade point average of 3.0 for 10 consecutive semesters. The team has featured numerous academic all-conference recipients.

On the field, Bramble has improved the team's RPI finish from 245 overall in 2014 to 38 in 2018. He has been a tireless recruiter and developed an A-10 Player of the Year, Rookie of the Year and multiple all-conference performers. In addition, Bramble served as the department's director of staff development, creating professional programming opportunities for all Mason coaches. He also has represented the athletic department on various campus committees."

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Idk clearly speculating, but it seems like Brad is loosing control. It appears Jay Marsh and the new president wanted a new coach. Now a new associate AD.
It’s more about firing DP and hiring English. It appears that decision was made for him. That’s loosing control.

Im not going to die on this hill, I might be way off base
IMO it felt like KE was hand selected for him.

but I get it, I’m off base.

OK, first it's "losing control" not "loosing control."

Second, Jay Marsh was a Sr. Associate AD. Brad Edwards is the AD, which means Marsh reports to him and not the other way around.

Third, you have no f'n clue what goes on internally, so stop acting like you do.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
OK, first it's "losing control" not "loosing control."

Second, Jay Marsh was a Sr. Associate AD. Brad Edwards is the AD, which means Marsh reports to him and not the other way around.

Third, you have no f'n clue what goes on internally, so stop acting like you do.
Lol, little late to the game.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure where to post this, but I’ve bought tix to a Billikens/Mason game in the past which apparently got me on the SLU email distribution list.

Today I got an email from them about complimentary tix for their game tomorrow night. I clicked on the link and it takes me to their Ticketmaster page where I can choose my seats (up to 4) and they are 100% free. They aren’t the best seats and only certain seats qualify for the free tickets (the good available seats don’t qualify).

I wonder if Mason ever considered doing this? Seems like a good way to get people in the stands who have been interested in Mason basketball in the past - some who might not know about all the upgrades (and now beer/wine available). Hopefully they enjoy it and decide to come back.

My guess is if the seats haven’t been sold 24 hours before the game, good chance they will go unsold.

Anyway, thought it was a good way to get locals coming back - after seeing all the empty seats on Tuesday it might be worth trying.

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It's a great idea.

I'm not Mason BB ticket office but i'm trying...I have a pair of seats in 115, row Q 1-2. Not the greatest but when I bought them I did so to support the program and get some Mason fans in the house who will hopefully come back again.

Folks here can DM me with your email for any games in November and December and I'll transfer them over no problem. Before I open up A10 availability I want to see what game(s) my family want to go to.

Hopefully the team gets off to a good start to get fans wanting to come out. They have an exciting team, I'm feeling very optimistic.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Not sure where to post this, but I’ve bought tix to a Billikens/Mason game in the past which apparently got me on the SLU email distribution list.

Today I got an email from them about complimentary tix for their game tomorrow night. I clicked on the link and it takes me to their Ticketmaster page where I can choose my seats (up to 4) and they are 100% free. They aren’t the best seats and only certain seats qualify for the free tickets (the good available seats don’t qualify).

I wonder if Mason ever considered doing this? Seems like a good way to get people in the stands who have been interested in Mason basketball in the past - some who might not know about all the upgrades (and now beer/wine available). Hopefully they enjoy it and decide to come back.

My guess is if the seats haven’t been sold 24 hours before the game, good chance they will go unsold.

Anyway, thought it was a good way to get locals coming back - after seeing all the empty seats on Tuesday it might be worth trying.
Georgetown is doing the same
opening game is free to all who request tix
but the free tix are all in the 400 level unless you are a full season ticket holder

Most of Georgetown's OOC schedule is historically weak
so they are doing this for at least 6 games but targeted at different markets
DC residents can get free tix to Howard and Anerican games
another game is for first responders, etc, etc

Partial season ticket holders will given free tix in the 200 or 100 level for the 6 future OOC games if they attend the home opener

personally i'd like to see a university invite the local high school honor students to a weekend game and also invite the local high school basketball teams -this would help raise the profile of the University - both academically and athletically - give each Honor Student a specially made GMU tshirt comemmorating their academic performance and their attendence and the game

"GMU Basketball Salutes You"

Last edited:

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Here are the Georgetown "free games"

We are also pleased to roll out the following community ticket offers during the Hoyas' non-conference schedule:

Saturday, November 13 at 2 PM - Home opener against Dartmouth is free for all fans, just register here.

Tuesday, November 16 at 8:30 PM (American) or Wednesday, December 15 at 6:30 PM (Howard) - Are you a D.C. resident? Attend either of these D.C. matchups for free by filling out the online form here.

Friday, November 19 at 6:30 PM - Complimentary tickets for healthcare workers. Request up to four tickets here.

Tuesday, November 30 at 7 PM - Complimentary tickets for military service members. Request up to four tickets here.

Wednesday, December 8 at 8:30 PM - Complimentary tickets for first responders. Request up to four tickets here.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"Position Overview:
Reporting to the Senior Associate Athletic Director, Chief Financial Officer, the Assistant Athletic Director, Major Gifts Officer will support philanthropic efforts by identifying and implementing strategies for success in securing significant philanthropic support for Intercollegiate Athletics priorities. This position is responsible for cultivating meaningful relationships with potential and current Major Gift ($25,000+) level donors to the University. The Assistant Athletic Director will manage a portfolio of donors and prospective donors, and be responsible for facilitating all phases of the gift cycle, including initiating contact, cultivating and moving potential donors to solicitation and closure, creating solicitations, writing proposals, and stewarding donors. The Assistant Athletic Director works collaboratively with Athletics’ leadership, coaches, key volunteers, University leadership and faculty, Advancement staff and other school representatives to cultivate and solicit donors for Intercollegiate Athletics.

Specific Responsibilities:
  • Identify and cultivate major gift prospects to include developing ways to source new prospects and follow up on inquiries regarding significant gifts to Intercollegiate Athletics and the University;"