2200 days of Brad Edwards

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Hmm...the job ad is for Compliance and NCAA Governance. "Inside Athletics" on the gomason site indicates:

STAFF
Deputy AD of Legal, Compliance, and NCAA Governance

Kristi Giddings

Edit: my mistake....the job ad is for Intercollegiate Sports which is indeed Kevin McNamee's position.

Last edited:

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Hmm...the job ad is for Compliance and NCAA Governance. "Inside Athletics" on the gomason site indicates:

STAFF
Deputy AD of Legal, Compliance, and NCAA Governance

Kristi Giddings

Edit: my mistake....the job ad is for Intercollegiate Sports which is indeed Kevin McNamee's position.

Malcolm Grace Named Deputy AD for Compliance and NCAA Governance​

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Well it looks like slowly but surely Brad has senior staff that he has pretty much hired in some way shape or form. Grace was at bigger programs and obviously wanted to come back to the DC area which is cool. Hopefully he will bring some fresh perspectives.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Well it looks like slowly but surely Brad has senior staff that he has pretty much hired in some way shape or form. Grace was at bigger programs and obviously wanted to come back to the DC area which is cool. Hopefully he will bring some fresh perspectives.
Idk clearly speculating, but it seems like Brad is loosing control. It appears Jay Marsh and the new president wanted a new coach. Now a new associate AD.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Idk clearly speculating, but it seems like Brad is loosing control. It appears Jay Marsh and the new president wanted a new coach. Now a new associate AD.

McNamee and Marsh were ready to retire. It just so happened that English came up in the connection with Jay Marsh being friendly with Rick Barnes still.

Brad wanted a new coach too, and all he did was have to sell Dr W on it. From my understanding it didn’t take much convincing.

If anything Brad being able to hire more of his people mean he has more control. Doesn’t really matter one way or another though.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Dude.... not sure how having a couple 85 year old dudes retiring means Brad is losing control lol.
It’s more about firing DP and hiring English. It appears that decision was made for him. That’s loosing control.

Im not going to die on this hill, I might be way off base

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It’s more about firing DP and hiring English. It appears that decision was made for him. That’s loosing control.

Im not going to die on this hill, I might be way off base

yeah like @GSII said, you are off base here man. Brad on the ByGeorge interview essentially said he wasn’t happy for a while which also was in partnership on the rumblings I heard.

brad has his faults, but wanting to win big is still there.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
yeah like @GSII said, you are off base here man. Brad on the ByGeorge interview essentially said he wasn’t happy for a while which also was in partnership on the rumblings I heard.

brad has his faults, but wanting to win big is still there.
IMO it felt like KE was hand selected for him.

but I get it, I’m off base.