'22 Recruiting Class Signed and Delivered

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Seems like one pulled the trigger and the other was along for the ride. If correct, the one who pulled the trigger will get sold out quickly.
not how murder charges work these days... they are both going behind bars until they are old and grey regardless of who pulled it. Walker driving to the scene in his dads purple lambo has to be an all time stupid criminal move

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Whatever. He wont be playing for us. So no need to spend time talking about it. Based on KE and what seems to be his MO, I doubt they would have taken a chance unless they were misled in their due diligence.

However, being from Georgia....I bet this was a Felton pipeline recruit...and KE probably just went with it.
So the question now becomes did Felton miss something?

Felton's history seems okay except for some stuff at Clevland St.

No offers from local schools is a red flag for me.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Apparently the formerly signed recruit drove a Porsche Panamera to the guy's apartment.

Last edited:

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve taught and coached for 21 years. I’ve had former players/students commit murder or go to prison for other crimes. All I know is in most of those situations, not all, but most, I wasn’t surprised when I heard.

I’m sure Felton (assuming Felton was the lead on this) has a long history with the staff at Milton. They are a true powerhouse in Georgia and nationally. I’m sure he also knows the AAU staffs very well. I’m just hoping that his connections are strong enough where he would have been tipped off if there were any signs of trouble or red flags.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It's a tough spot for Felton to be in also. Again, I still think the Milton head coach was Cam's best rep, and if there was something sketchy, he should of told Mason.

Also, this could of been a case where a good kid just went bonkers for whatever reason.

PS......I think its bullshit that UVa isn't getting the headlines we are.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I would be interested to know the process our staff uses to basically background check kids in the recruiting process. From the time a player catches a coaches eye, to the point where we offer, to the time when a player commits… what steps are we taking?

Not implying we did anything wrong or cut any corners in this instance, but I think it’s a fair question.
If the coaches who recruited me in high school knew everything I was doing as a stupid teenager, I wouldn’t have gotten one college in the country showing interest in me. I came very close to some really really bad consequences for some stuff I did. I just got lucky and don’t get caught.

There’s only so much you can do to vet kids. They could make a stupid (sometimes fatal) decision at any time.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
If the coaches who recruited me in high school knew everything I was doing as a stupid teenager, I wouldn’t have gotten one college in the country showing interest in me.

There’s only so much you can do to vet kids. They could make a stupid (sometimes fatal) decision at any time.

Agreed - particularly with a crime such as premediated murder - usually what is driving that act is kept hidden.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If the coaches who recruited me in high school knew everything I was doing as a stupid teenager, I wouldn’t have gotten one college in the country showing interest in me.

There’s only so much you can do to vet kids. They could make a stupid decision at any time.

True, but if your dad was the town clepto or your mom convicted of being a crooked seamstress, it would be known. There are some levels that can be checked. At this point, we are all speculating on why this happened.

KAOriginal

All-American
Someone hid the truth, lied or misled.

If as alleged, Walker set up to go buy marijuana and intended to rob the guy and then things went wrong......

One does not just randomly all of the sudden come up with that as something to tryout....

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
One does not just randomly all of the sudden come up with that as something to tryout....
I did. Stupid as hell. But I did. You must’ve been a great kid. Others aren’t blessed with sound decision making until they’re older.

And I had no excuse. Great parents, highly educated, great background etc….

Last edited:

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I did. Stupid as hell. But I did. You must’ve been a great kid. Others aren’t blessed with sound decision making until they’re older.

And I had no excuse. Great parents, highly educated, great background etc….

Getting drunk naked and arrested in public with farm animals is a bit different than murder Chank --- just saying. ;)

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Simmer down, folks.

There are some difficult decisions to admin these boards sometimes... this is one of them. On one hand, we want to avoid speculation and rumors that just make things worse - on the other, people want to work out what's happening and find ways to cope with a horrible situation. We chose to pull the other thread early on to avoid unnecessary attention, but now this one has been commandeered.

So where does that put us? We'll have to wait and see. In the meantime, let's stop the in-fighting.