2024 Recruiting

He15man

Starter
I will believe this when the Mizzou job opens up and he turns them down.
I'm not so sure he'd bounce back to Missouri so readily. Yeah, he has love for his alma mater, but if has success here at Mason, is Mizzou the logical next step? Or would he be of the mind that he's "better" than the Tigers at that point? Maybe it's optimism talking, but I don't think English is the type to bounce to any Power 5 job - including his alma mater who's perennially middle of the road in the SEC. I think he'd want to go somewhere where it won't be a crazy uphill battle to be relevant in-conference.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm not so sure he'd bounce back to Missouri so readily. Yeah, he has love for his alma mater, but if has success here at Mason, is Mizzou the logical next step? Or would he be of the mind that he's "better" than the Tigers at that point? Maybe it's optimism talking, but I don't think English is the type to bounce to any Power 5 job - including his alma mater who's perennially middle of the road in the SEC. I think he'd want to go somewhere where it won't be a crazy uphill battle to be relevant in-conference.
Missouri from 75 to 2013 didn’t make the tournament 13 times. I think people forget the end of Anderson years and the entire Stewart regime. They were really good. It’s not like he’s going to South Carolina Vanderbilt or even Georgia. Missouri was 10th last year for a while before injuries screwed their season. I think Martin has some good pieces and won’t lose his job next year or anything.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Patrick's mother was until recently an Assistant Coach for the Mason women's team. She's now at Georgetown, who also offered Patrick this week.
interesting how folks get canned for underperforming to get a step up in their next position. Happens all the time with assistants. Mojo even going to Richmond which seems to be a bit better than what he left (until they once again underperform and he gets fired along with Mooney after next season)

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
interesting how folks get canned for underperforming to get a step up in their next position. Happens all the time with assistants. Mojo even going to Richmond which seems to be a bit better than what he left (until they once again underperform and he gets fired along with Mooney after next season)
There are 11 other A10 teams Mojo has yet to coach for, so he should be fine after Richmond. ;)

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I will believe this when the Mizzou job opens up and he turns them down.
I hear you. I thought we were good when the Providence job opened up and Coach L turned it down, or at least made noise that he wouldn't take it

OP
GreenLantern

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We have offered to Tyler Boston of Team Thrill.
Screenshot_20210710-120708_Instagram.jpg

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023