2023 Recruiting

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I want to make sure I am keeping track of the score at home...

So, we still have one more slot to officially fill that hasn't been announced, correct?

Tre Wood and Jalen Haynes are still waiting for their waivers before we officially announce their signings, correct? If I am counting things correctly Ekanem has tweeted 9 flames, plus the 3 returnees + Ball, this means we *should* have a full 13-man roster for this year.

Any idea who the 13th player is? or is this going to be announced the first week of school?
I expect that 13th player to announce publicly in July, after fulfilling prior obligations. As far as the staff is concerned, the roster is full.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I expect that 13th player to announce publicly in July, after fulfilling prior obligations. As far as the staff is concerned, the roster is full.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Can’t wait to see who it is. The competition for playing time on this team is already bonkers.

OP
JPgmuswim

JPgmuswim

Starter
Can’t wait to see who it is. The competition for playing time on this team is already bonkers.
I don’t expect patriot8 to tell us who it is, but I’d love to know if this 13th players is expected to be seeing significant minutes this year or a decent contributor for us.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don’t expect patriot8 to tell us who it is, but I’d love to know if this 13th players is expected to be seeing significant minutes this year or a decent contributor for us.
Tough to answer. Like Coach Skinn said in the video released today, everything is a tryout at this point. That being said, I wouldn’t expect this guy to play a significant role this coming season, but they may come in and surprise everyone.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If Mason is gonna play fast 'n' furious like CTS says then we're likely to go nine or 10 deep per game. So there will be lots of minutes to go around, yes?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If Mason is gonna play fast 'n' furious like CTS says then we're likely to go nine or 10 deep per game. So there will be lots of minutes to go around, yes?

Yes, but if you think Polite, Wood, Billups, Maddox, Hall, Newton, Haynes, Kelly, Henry, Dinkins…that’s 10 already.

Thinking Ball, Pavrette, and new recruit are going to be developmental players who get spot minutes most nights.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yes, but if you think Polite, Wood, Billups, Maddox, Hall, Newton, Haynes, Kelly, Henry, Dinkins…that’s 10 already.

Thinking Ball, Pavrette, and new recruit are going to be developmental players who get spot minutes most nights.
A-M-E-R-I-C-A spells competition!

Hmmm... that's twice I've used that line today.