2023-2024 Scholarship Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewPatriot

Starter
I think English left Mason in a better position than Rhoades left vcu. Mason has some decent returning players, vcu only has one

It was a strategic error for vcu to abandon full court pressure. I think Skinn is going have Mason winning faster than Odom at vcu.

Also, don't be surprised if Wahab surfaces at Mason.

He has a prior relationship with Skinn at Maryland and he would be coming home given that he played at Flint Hill.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I think English left Mason in a better position than Rhoades left vcu. Mason has some decent returning players, vcu only has one

It was a strategic error for vcu to abandon full court pressure. I think Skinn is going have Mason winning faster than Odom at vcu.

He has a prior relationship with Skinn at Maryland and he would be coming home given that he played at Flint Hill.
While I appreciate the vision - I will never count vcu out - I would gladly take your AD any day of the week. In over 20 years I have never seen vcu falter on a transition. I am excited about Tony Skinn and I do think vcu will still be the team to beat in the A-10. You all have history on your side.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Wahab was not impressive when he played against us. If I'm remembering correctly, he played for UMd when we beat them in College Park. A big body, but not that athletic.

Still hoping that Tony brings in a seasoned coach with some A10 familiarity. Dr. G, perhaps?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

It's going to be really difficult for vcu fans to give up havoc. If Odom doesn't win quickly, fans will be calling for his head.

NewPatriot

Starter
It's going to be really difficult for vcu fans to give up havoc. If Odom doesn't win quickly, fans will be calling for his head.

No. Fans are clamoring to be off the full court pressure bandwagon because it wasn't winning them any NCAA games recently (all related to rhoades). Never mind they've been pressuring opponents on one form or another since Anthony Grant and its garnered 12 NCAA appearances in that time.

why not keep the defense and work on the offensive side of the ball...not throw away what works..

Fun fact:
:oops:
vcu fans went directly to Norwood Teague during the 2011 CAA tournament as asked him to fire Shaka Smart on the spot!

No FF run. No successive tournaments, no new BPF...

I kid your not.. it has been posted on VRN several times in the context of "Rhoades had it easy...look at how Shaka was treated"...like it's normal..

Sorry for venting..but as you well know..all it takes Is one bad hire to torpedo an entire program..they really don't appreciate how hard it is to sustain that level of success anymore..they take it for granted..

Last edited:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
No. They are already off the full court pressure bandwagon because it wasn't winning them any NCAA games recently. Never mind they've been pressuring opponents on one form or another since Anthony Grant and its garnered 12 NCAA appearances in that time.

why not keep the defense and work on the offensive side of the ball...not throw it what works...morons..
Morons. :ROFLMAO:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Looks like he’s going to the George Mason Friars. A lot of Friar fans are actually getting mad that so many Mason retreads are heading to Providence because we finished 5th in the A-10. Gonna be tougher for them in the Big East.
Too bad. Cry me a river.
But, to be clear, I have no ill will toward Ticket. He gave it all he had while he was here. Best to him.
Now for the Friar fans, too bad. You wanted Kim, you got him.

JPgmuswim

Starter
Looks like he’s going to the George Mason Friars. A lot of Friar fans are actually getting mad that so many Mason retreads are heading to Providence because we finished 5th in the A-10. Gonna be tougher for them in the Big East.
I was kind of thinking the same thing. A little disappointed Ticket didn’t stick around but he came to Mason for KE so I’m glad he has a spot for him. But taking our best players from a team that finished 5th to stronger conference doesn’t make a lot of sense.

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ticket has always attached himself to English so no surprise that he'd follow. With the rumblings of prospective talent interested in us, we may not miss him as much as I feared

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Ticket has always attached himself to English so no surprise that he'd follow. With the rumblings of prospective talent interested in us, we may not miss him as much as I feared
I'm thinking the same thing. One or two "gets," and we won't even know he's gone.
Again, no disrespect to Ticket, but some better guys are eyeing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.