2022 Recruiting

Do kids ever eliminate one school at a time? I mean it's not classy and coaches would hate it but it would be cool if one box at a time would disappear.

I think that's kind of how the bachelor does it but I dont watch that show on account of me having balls.

Anyhow, surprised if we don't get him, I'm so high on Mason right now, even after reading the typically shitty Mason alumni magazine.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Justyn Fernandez Top 10

E8tMi5jWEAIvHgJ
At least we’ve got a chance…

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Need all hands on deck for this. Hit up Justyn and show him love. We need to match the same fan energy as the other schools.

Last edited:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Do kids ever eliminate one school at a time? I mean it's not classy and coaches would hate it but it would be cool if one box at a time would disappear.

I think that's kind of how the bachelor does it but I dont watch that show on account of me having balls.

Anyhow, surprised if we don't get him, I'm so high on Mason right now, even after reading the typically shitty Mason alumni magazine.
Yep, why do they even publish that thing?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Chas Kelley is down to 4 schools including Mason. Late September decision.

That's good company to be in for Mason. Would this be a situation where if he chose us, he'd take Fernandez's potential spot?

By the way, this is also another instance where we've outlasted some other A-10 schools (GW, UMass, and La Salle all offered). I should throw Charlotte out there, too, since they "stole" a couple of recruits from Paulsen the last two seasons.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
That's good company to be in for Mason. Would this be a situation where if he chose us, he'd take Fernandez's potential spot?

By the way, this is also another instance where we've outlasted some other A-10 schools (GW, UMass, and La Salle all offered). I should throw Charlotte out there, too, since they "stole" a couple of recruits from Paulsen the last two seasons.

that’s the 1,000,000 question but I have to think Fernandez has a spot no matter what. We’ll see what shakes out.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Nobody is taking Fernandez’s spot. He’s our No. 1 priority in the 22 class. The staff knows what is what and if having scholarships available was an issue, they could have waited to take a commitment from the Georgia kid.

Just a guess but I don’t see Kelley coming here. He wants to play PG and unless Dinkins turns out to be a bust (unlikely), that position is pretty well spoken for.

He15man

Starter
Nobody is taking Fernandez’s spot. He’s our No. 1 priority in the 22 class. The staff knows what is what and if having scholarships available was an issue, they could have waited to take a commitment from the Georgia kid.

Just a guess but I don’t see Kelley coming here. He wants to play PG and unless Dinkins turns out to be a bust (unlikely), that position is pretty well spoken for.
I totally agree. A guy like JF wants in, you take him regardless of what your number situation is. The numbers always work themselves out.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Quite frankly I was shocked he is still considering mason, unless he’s open to playing more off the ball.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Quite frankly I was shocked he is still considering mason, unless he’s open to playing more off the ball.
The story said Kelley dropped 2 other finalists because they signed PGs. Was thinking “so did Mason.” I guess we’ll see what happens but it feels like he winds up at Butler.

He15man

Starter
The story said Kelley dropped 2 other finalists because they signed PGs. Was thinking “so did Mason.” I guess we’ll see what happens but it feels like he winds up at Butler.
Perhaps we're spinning our narrative such that it doesn't sound like those we've recruited/signed are true or exclusive PGs. Recruiting can be a nasty business.... do what you have to do to get them on campus, and the rest will work itself out.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
They should create a tv show and put everything live on programs' recruiting drama....think COPS but college recruiting happening in real time. Of course the the bags of cash will be blurred out.

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

I'm going to take a wild guess that it's going to be DePaul, just to be contrarian, but it also looks like Stubblefield is going to really need a PG in 2022 given what their roster breakdown looks like right now and think he'll close strong.

But yeah, given those quotes Butler looks like the front runner for sure.

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Class of 22 @chaskelley3 will announce Sunday at 6 ET between BC, Butler, DePaul and George Mason

Check ZAGSBLOG then for an interview