2022 A10 Transfer List

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I think everyone saw this coming. Between this and the GW game, it kind of begs the question why we aren't really linked to recruiting any bigs? Holding out for another transfer in?

No idea how accurate or how close Mason is with some of these guys, but they have a few offers on big guys for 2023 according to Verbal Commits. I have to think they'll sign one in that class unless they find someone willing to be a backup/role player to Oduro.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Joel filled an opening on the depth chart when Mbaye didn’t come and left us with only Oduro and Henry as bigs. But it’s clear by now he’s not gonna play even mop-up minutes so good luck to him at his next stop.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Mbaye is having a solid year and I saw he was recently ranked the 7th juco freshman prospect in the country by JucoRecruiting.com... any chance he still finds his way to Fairfax?

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Joel filled an opening on the depth chart when Mbaye didn’t come and left us with only Oduro and Henry as bigs. But it’s clear by now he’s not gonna play even mop-up minutes so good luck to him at his next stop.
I am not implying anything, so a very honest question. If Pablo's deduction that he was headed for a Redshirt is true, do you still have the same analysis?

FreeGunston12

All-American
No idea how accurate or how close Mason is with some of these guys, but they have a few offers on big guys for 2023 according to Verbal Commits. I have to think they'll sign one in that class unless they find someone willing to be a backup/role player to Oduro.
I'd like to think they'd make it a priority for 22. I know the game has changed, but this frontcourt of Oduro, Henry, Jones is not where we need to be to compete. Oduro gets in foul trouble (or injured), and KE has no one to turn to. Henry doesn't fit the system, and Jones has not shown a lot of promise.

On top of that, we lose another big body in Schwartz.
Mbaye is having a solid year and I saw he was recently ranked the 7th juco freshman prospect in the country by JucoRecruiting.com... any chance he still finds his way to Fairfax?
I think it could happen and would make sense if it was just a matter of getting him eligible this year.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I am not implying anything, so a very honest question. If Pablo's deduction that he was headed for a Redshirt is true, do you still have the same analysis?
No not at all. With the new transfer rules, redshirts make almost no sense anymore except in the case of injury. Joel was No. 3 on the depth chart at a spot where we have an all-A10 player and had no path to playing time.