2022 A10 Transfer List

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Jackson’s career stats in college: 1.5 ppg, 0.9 rpg, 0.4 apg, 27.8% FGs

At least the guy we got out of the portal averaged double figures last season and has been a rotation player at both of his previous schools.

But hey, ain’t no overconfidence like vcu overconfidence lol.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

At least the guy we got out of the portal averaged double figures last season and has been a rotation player at both of his previous schools.

While I have no particular insight into Jackson, remember, these types of stats can be misleading.

Exhibit A:. Devonte Gaines

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220402-220527__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20220402-220527__01.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 217

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Never seen him play so I have no clue if he’s good. But his HS recruiting offer list is nuts which means he has the potential. Could be a similar situation as Ticket who also averaged very little points at TN. A decent baller just buried behind the depth of other 4/5 Star teammates.

Let’s just hope Jackson is more like Julian Royal, a 4 Star ESPN Rank 69 who ended up sucking even more here than at GT.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
While I have no particular insight into Jackson, remember, these types of stats can be misleading.

Exhibit A:. Devonte Gaines
Right, but when Ticket signed with Mason almost nobody here assumed he’d blossom into a standout player. There were many who questioned if he’d even start.

vcu treats every one of their signees like it’s the biggest deal ever and I’m just saying pump the brakes, the kid has done absolutely nothing in college and his HS ranking counts for zip.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Right, but when Ticket signed with Mason almost nobody here assumed he’d blossom into a standout player. There were many who questioned if he’d even start.

vcu treats every one of their signees like it’s the biggest deal ever and I’m just saying pump the brakes, the kid has done absolutely nothing in college and his HS ranking counts for zip.
Tshonis was supposed to be a big deal last year…. He’s already transferred

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Nothing I like better than a chance to crap on vcu as a program or university.

They recruit so much talent that they have room to take a on a former top 50 kid who didnt play at a high level at their previous school. I hope Zeb ends up being worse than Okoloji but even if he sucks they usually still have so much talent to go around that it doesn't matter. My guess is that Rhoades and company are sure that they can get something out of this kid but even if not they still have a 6'10 4 star and a 6'7 3 star coming in next year in addition to what they already have.

I hope we get to the same point where we're loaded enough with talent that if a guy doesn't work out, it doesn't matter much.

Lets face it, this is the type of talent the entire league has started to bring in, whether its guys who performed at a higher level or not.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It is telling/interesting that none of our portal guys have been picked up yet.

Also coincidentally, VerbalCommits just tweeted that Otis Frazier has received an offer from Evansville. He’s the only one showing an offer right now.

But another point of comparison. Looking through VerbalCommits transfer portal list, of the 1,500 or so names on that thing I counted 87 who have committed to new schools (many dropping to d2, d3, or community colleges — a La Salle transfer going to Harcum College, for instance). The fact that I could count all the current transfer commits and not go crazy (or go into the triple digits) is also telling.