2022-23 Scholarship Chart

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
no different than NBA teams drafting Giannis' brothers even when they aren't very good. maybe Peter will be a good basketball player for us, maybe this scholarship going to him offers another big body in practice and keeps our star player at Mason for 2 more seasons. If they utilize the last 3 scholarships properly we are looking at a very good roster

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday coach said at the gym they had 6 scholarship players, a walk on, and Schwartz working out. We currently have 7 scholarship players (Coop, Polite, Ticket, Fernandez, Oduro, Jones, and Henry). Who would be the one guy not playing? Did anyone have a post season surgery anyone know of? I'm guessing maybe Polite is resting, but that's just a guess.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
So, you heard it here first. Here is the GMU depth chart for the 2022-2023 season. ;)

TBD- Based on portal and recruiting efforts & performance in spring/summer/fall workouts and practice.
TBD - Based on portal and recruiting efforts & performance in spring/summer/fall workouts and practice.
TBD - Based on portal and recruiting efforts & performance in spring/summer/fall workouts and practice.
Oduro. Unless he is touted as a top 5 NBA prospect, in which case it will be based on portal and recruiting efforts & performance in spring/summer/fall workouts and practice.

Changing my name to "The Prophet".

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Nowhere to really post this, but I was bored during state testing today:

Jerseys.png

Guesses to what numbers Dinkins, P. Oduro, and Bailey go with? Bailey was 10 at Oregon.

OP
MasonFanatic

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Nowhere to really post this, but I was bored during state testing today:

View attachment 1333
Guesses to what numbers Dinkins, P. Oduro, and Bailey go with? Bailey was 10 at Oregon.
I think Dinkins goes with 2 or 4, since 0 is taken (at least for one year).

Bailey probably sticks with 10.

Peter Oduro has been wearing 14 at Virginia Academy, maybe he takes over 15. Or 23 or 31?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
With at least 3 senior guards using their last year of eligibility in 22-23, and perhaps Oduro and Ticket moving on as well, there will be an opportunity to reset and go young the following season if the staff chooses to take that route.

The portal obviously will remain a huge asset but we are in on some terrific prospects in the 2023 class, including Carlton Carrington, Amani Hansberry, DeShawn Harris-Smith and Rich Barron. Add in JF and Dinkins as sophomores and we could have a very young, very talented and deep roster to develop in the coming years.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
For all A10 schools per the St. Bonaventure Basketball Forum:

OP
MasonFanatic

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
For all A10 schools per the St. Bonaventure Basketball Forum:

That Google Sheet is actually maintained by posters from the A10 board on basketballforum.com, including me. It's a great resource for the whole league.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like our numbers are set:

- Fernandez was listed as 14 last year, he switches to 4
- Victor Bailey Jr will be 2
- Devin Dinkins is 5
- Peter Oduro is 12 (not sure what Tucker is switching to)
- Saquan Singleton is 15
- Ginika Ojiako is 20
- Elvis Nnaji is 23

OP
MasonFanatic

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It looks like our numbers are set:

- Fernandez was listed as 14 last year, he switches to 4
- Victor Bailey Jr will be 2
- Devin Dinkins is 5
- Peter Oduro is 12 (not sure what Tucker is switching to)
- Saquan Singleton is 15
- Ginika Ojiako is 20
- Elvis Nnaji is 23
Tucker will wear #30

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
3 new incoming freshmen signed today

They take the places of Cooper, Bailey, and Singleton

Any new slots come from transfers out and if Gaines and/or Oduro don't come back for a 5th year

I wonder if those slots will go to transfers in?