2022-23 Out of Conference Schedule

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
FWIW, Toledo and Richmond have a home-and-home series that started last season Richmond.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Maryland/Tennessee
Oklahoma State/Virginia Tech
Iona/St. Bonaventure
UMass
/Hofstra

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Doesnt this bracket set up the best for us?
BC, Belmont Wyoming are the best three games we can hope for or am I sleeping on Buffalo?

IMO, the value of these tournaments is to play teams that we would otherwise not be able to get a home game with. Knowing we are getting an ACC team right off the bat is perfect. Its unlikely BC would agree to a home-and-home with us so I'm glad we know for sure we are playing them. I know they haven't been good lately, but lets say they surprise people and have a good year, that means we'd have a decent ACC win under our belt.....assuming we win.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Doesnt this bracket set up the best for us?
BC, Belmont Wyoming are the best three games we can hope for or am I sleeping on Buffalo?

IMO, the value of these tournaments is to play teams that we would otherwise not be able to get a home game with. Knowing we are getting an ACC team right off the bat is perfect. Its unlikely BC would agree to a home-and-home with us so I'm glad we know for sure we are playing them. I know they haven't been good lately, but lets say they surprise people and have a good year, that means we'd have a decent ACC win under our belt.....assuming we win.
Drake, Belmont, and Wyoming were all very good last season. This may not be a tournament with a bunch of star power, but there are plenty of high quality wins to be had.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The names don't sound great but you have some decent teams in the mix as others have mentioned. Hopefully Mason can take care of business against BC and get another quality game (or two) from the tournament. I really don't want them to play Howard or Tarleton State.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I like this. Beat BC and you should be playing 2 out of Drake, Buffalo, Belmont, or Wyoming
I also think this tournament layout is best case scenario... BC is almost guaranteed to beat a ranked team next year in a let down game in the ACC. Wyoming and Buffalo should also be very good. Not sure Drake or Belmont will be as good as they have been the last 3 years

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I also think this tournament layout is best case scenario... BC is almost guaranteed to beat a ranked team next year in a let down game in the ACC. Wyoming and Buffalo should also be very good. Not sure Drake or Belmont will be as good as they have been the last 3 years
Very good point. Even if BC is terrible, you know they at least will have opportunities in the ACC against good programs and probably will get a fluky win. Mason just has to beat them so that they can maximize the benefit from a tournament like this.

Belmont and Drake always seem to have quality programs. I definitely want a rematch with Belmont after the last one in 2020.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Oh great.... chance to wax that BC a**. BC was 13-20 overall last year, 6-14 in the ACC, in a down ACC league overall. They lost to Rhode Island twice and Saint Louis.

They do bring back their top 3 scorers in Demarr Langford Jr. and Jaeden Zackery...behind their best player in Guard Ashton-Langford, whom averaged 12 points a game last season. I think they brought in a couple portal transfers but no one who really sticks out as a star. They do have a 7'0 foot center that will probably start but isn't really a scorer. Ojiako played 6 minutes against them last year and was 0-1 shooting.

We should take care of business against them and have a chance to get some quality wins. Wyoming will be good again.

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
20220621_153729.jpg

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
7pm West Coast, and those that live basketball are watching as the session is just getting started.