2022-2023 Season; Hopes, Dreams, Wishes, Analysis & Predictions

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Lol you guys just need to know how to shop for hotel rooms. Look at hotel tonight and you probably can find like around 200 or whatever a night unless you want 5 star hotel. Not saying it’s cheap but you can definitely find something for less than 500 or 400.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Lol you guys just need to know how to shop for hotel rooms. Look at hotel tonight and you probably can find like around 200 or whatever a night unless you want 5 star hotel. Not saying it’s cheap but you can definitely find something for less than 500 or 400.

Wow, yeah just checked. The last time I traveled to an event (March 2022) the hotels jacked up their prices to about 350 a night and that was Philadelphia, so I was expecting Brooklyn to be even worse.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Especially in Brooklyn, it’s not nearly as bad as Manhattan

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I am somehow less comfortable with our PG situation after seeing the notes from the open practice.
It will be interesting to see how it shakes out. KE has said Singleton is a point guard. I am trying not to read too much into what I saw on one day before practice formally starts. Who knows what his thinking was in regard to yesterday. As always, time will tell.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Singleton didn’t play PG at all which probably worries him. It definitely worries me. You guys have gassed Ronnie up for years. I’ll be very worried if he’s our main PG this year
To be fair, this is the first year Ronnie has been healthy and able to fully participate in the offseason program. If he is finally showing more of why he was first-team all-Met as a senior, can’t imagine how that’s a bad thing. His raw talent is off the charts.

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Saquan didn't bring the ball up, doesn't mean he didn't play PG at all during the practice. He did initiate half court offense and has a nice dibble package to create opportunities around him. The 5v5 had a 17 sec shot clock so take everything with a grain of salt. Still lots of practices until the start of the season.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Saquan didn't bring the ball up, doesn't mean he didn't play PG at all during the practice. He did initiate half court offense and has a nice dibble package to create opportunities around him. The 5v5 had a 17 sec shot clock so take everything with a grain of salt. Still lots of practices until the start of the season.
Well that’s news. Folks that went other than you made it seem like he was an off guard.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Well that’s news. Folks that went other than you made it seem like he was an off guard.

Also, Coop didn’t participate in scrimmages, so maybe he was just playing where Cooper would on the first team? As everyone else said, not even officially day 1 yet, so let’s see how the depth chart develops.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Jon Rothstein is at Towson today and visited GWU and Georgetown earlier this week.
What happened go us? and the associated free publicity

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Jon Rothstein is at Towson today and visited GWU and Georgetown earlier this week.

Didn't CKE call out Rothstein in a negative light last year? I get it's free publicity but Rothstein can't even get rosters near right in his previews and is pretty annoying on Twitter

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Generally speaking, Rothstein doesn't cover schools that want his nonsense at their practices etc.

Take that for what it is, and we'll leave it at that.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Didn't CKE call out Rothstein in a negative light last year? I get it's free publicity but Rothstein can't even get rosters near right in his previews and is pretty annoying on Twitter
well that explains it - looks like no press is good press in this case

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Kim definitely dunked all over Seth Davis on Twitter. It was awesome. I don’t recall him doing that to Rothstein too, but if he did I’m not mad at him for it.