2022-2023 Season; Hopes, Dreams, Wishes, Analysis & Predictions

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Didn’t say they were overrated — just that they’re not “loaded” with talent the way they were a few years ago. Shaka’s best vcu teams would wipe the floor with the guys they’ll trot out this season, it would be a bloodbath.
them being picked to make the tourney and finish 3rd while you calling them not loaded is interesting. I think they are absolutely loaded with young talent and will come in 3rd-4th in the A10 in a year which should be considered a bridge year between senior laden rosters

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GMU all-time vs:
Davidson 2-8
Dayton 4-10
Duquesne 6-8
Fordham 5-9
GW 9-22
LaSalle 7-3
Loyola Chicago 0-0
UMass 11-5
Rhode Island 4-7
Richmond 26-41
St. Bonaventure 4-11
St. Joe's 10-5
St. Louis 4-9
vcu 22-45

Overall 114-183 (.383)

Not much to write home about. Still hoping that KE is the man to reverse the past. For me, this year will begin to determine whether he is the man or just another fart in the wind.

Last edited:

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
vcu will not finish 3rd this season. You can take that to the nearest Mickey D's for the vcu alums flippn burgers to chew on.

Did we consider the 2006 FF team loaded? I didn't think we were "loaded". There is a difference between having a great team and being loaded. The latter is more often to fall short compared to the potential of a great team.

vcu is loaded with 2 things. Problems with declining applications, and std outbreaks.

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Didn’t say they were overrated — just that they’re not “loaded” with talent the way they were a few years ago. Shaka’s best vcu teams would wipe the floor with the guys they’ll trot out this season, it would be a bloodbath.
them being picked to make the tourney and finish 3rd while you calling them not loaded is interesting. I think they are absolutely loaded with young talent and will come in 3rd-4th in the A10 in a year which should be considered a bridge year between senior laden rosters
I think I get what you guys are saying here and you’re both right.

vcu is and has been loaded with talent for years now. They out recruit almost everyone in the league.

Shakas recruiting post final four was out of this world. We didn’t even see some of it because he left but it was close to like top 20 in the country good if not better. Rhoades doesn’t recruit like that but still is really good.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
They’re being picked at or below 50 most places I’ve seen, which is borderline for the tournament. Clearly not as loaded as Dayton and SLU which was my original point.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
They have really been trending up since they traded in their Larranaga acolyte for an actual coach

I know Planet Earth and these boards will trend up as soon as it trades in its Larranaga acolytes as well

Keep running that mouth blasphemer. Keeeep running it...

It's gonna end take you far in (the next) life.

hell.jpg

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
GMU all-time vs:
Davidson 2-8
Dayton 4-10
Duquesne 6-8
Fordham 5-9
GW 9-22
LaSalle 7-3
Loyola Chicago 0-0
UMass 11-5
Rhode Island 4-7
Richmond 26-41
St. Bonaventure 4-11
St. Joe's 10-5
St. Louis 4-9
vcu 22-45

Overall 114-183 (.383)

Not much to write home about. Still hoping that KE is the man to reverse the past. For me, this year will begin to determine whether he is the man or just another fart in the wind.
Definitely a LOT of room for improvement.

I also would be interested in what Mason's record is while in the A10 against the schools. It is probably just as ugly but I have to imagine the record against GW as an example is probably closer to .500 than so lopsided. I know there has been improvement especially since GW has sucked since Lonergan was cut. Many of those losses to GW came over the years previous to being in the A10.

Obviously the one that stings the most is the record against vcu, but there are just so many ugly looking records here. I mean 5-9 against Fordham? YIKES.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Definitely a LOT of room for improvement.

I also would be interested in what Mason's record is while in the A10 against the schools. It is probably just as ugly but I have to imagine the record against GW as an example is probably closer to .500 than so lopsided. I know there has been improvement especially since GW has sucked since Lonergan was cut. Many of those losses to GW came over the years previous to being in the A10.

Obviously the one that stings the most is the record against vcu, but there are just so many ugly looking records here. I mean 5-9 against Fordham? YIKES.
As a member of the A10.
Including tourney play GMU is 68 - 100 (.405) against the A10.

Last edited:

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Since I started snapping pics courtside in the spring of 2013 I was up close for Hewitt ball and the Paulsen error, err, era. Like everyone, I want to see winning basketball at EBA and see this team not being one and done in the A10 tourney. Make it to Saturday and win the damn thing. I like CKE and his staff and I'm excited for this year. Good things! Lets go!!!

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
My biggest concern for this team is do we have a closer on the roster? That guy when you’re down a point with 4 seconds left on the clock, you throw it to them & get the F out of the way and let them do their thing.

In the past, we’ve usually had a 6’3”-6’4” guard that could hit the three, make midrange jumpers, or finish at the rim to be our guy. Players like Mark Davis, Folarin Campbell, Cam Long, Sherrod Wright, Jaire Grayer, Justin Kier, Javon Greene, and Jordan Miller. I don’t know that we have that guy on our roster right now. Hopefully Fernandez can grow into it, but I wouldn’t rely on a freshman for that spot. Maybe Bailey, but he’s been more a long range guy and not a drive to the basket type when I’ve watched him the past.

I think that’s the biggest thing we missed last season when we lost a lot of really close games at the end.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
My biggest concern for this team is do we have a closer on the roster? That guy when you’re down a point with 4 seconds left on the clock, you throw it to them & get the F out of the way and let them do their thing.

In the past, we’ve usually had a 6’3”-6’4” guard that could hit the three, make midrange jumpers, or finish at the rim to be our guy. Players like Mark Davis, Folarin Campbell, Cam Long, Sherrod Wright, Jaire Grayer, Justin Kier, Javon Greene, and Jordan Miller. I don’t know that we have that guy on our roster right now. Hopefully Fernandez can grow into it, but I wouldn’t rely on a freshman for that spot. Maybe Bailey, but he’s been more a long range guy and not a drive to the basket type when I’ve watched him the past.

I think that’s the biggest thing we missed last season when we lost a lot of really close games at the end.
Last shot.... I want the ball in Oduro's hands but if they need a kick out Bailey seems to be the leader here and will know what to do. Maybe Cooper as well. Ticket is a contender but needs to be way more aggressive this year.... if he comes around with that mentality then gimme Ticket for the win!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Last shot.... I want the ball in Oduro's hands but if they need a kick out Bailey seems to be the leader here and will know what to do. Maybe Cooper as well. Ticket is a contender but needs to be way more aggressive this year.... if he comes around with that mentality then gimme Ticket for the win!
The good news is with so many seniors, many of them should be comfortable taking the last shot.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Stop with this revisionist history. Jordan Miller was a lot of things here, clutch is absolutely not one of them. He was never that guy. Neither was jaire.