2021 Bracket Contest

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Tom, good thing that one person didn't put any picks in or else you would be in last!

Figured I would talk some trash while I still can as my bracket is pretty bad the rest of the way. The entire right side is finished after halfway through the second round...

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Tom, good thing that one person didn't put any picks in or else you would be in last!

Figured I would talk some trash while I still can as my bracket is pretty bad the rest of the way. The entire right side is finished after halfway through the second round...

Chaos tournament.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

I was in first midway through the first day, and then it all went to shit. It didn’t bode well for me that I had these teams in the Sweet 16: Purdue, Texas Tech, Ohio State, Illinois, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, Iowa and Virginia.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It always down to what you lose when. If you somehow can get at least half the sweet 16, and a few into the final four, you have a shot at winning some pools. Right now I have 5 of the sweet 16 with a chance to add 3 more.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
tied for 3rd place
but only have 4 of the final 8 remaining teams and i will lose at least one of those 4

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I can't believe I'm the only one in the pool who picked Baylor to win it all tonight. Sadly, it doesn't matter even if they do, because I dug myself too big of a whole in the earlier rounds for it to make a difference.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I can't believe I'm the only one in the pool who picked Baylor to win it all tonight. Sadly, it doesn't matter even if they do, because I dug myself too big of a whole in the earlier rounds for it to make a difference.
If Baylor wins, you win. 32 points will push you to 118. 2nd place will still have 107.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If Baylor wins, you win. 32 points will push you to 118. 2nd place will still have 107.

My bad, you're right. I didn't look to see how many points the final was worth. Now I'm in a real dilemma, because I really want Gonzaga to win. :unsure:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
You don’t think that half would have gone any different if Gonzaga’s best player didn’t get two fouls in the first 4 mins?
May have made a little difference, but Baylor's first half in the semis was just as dominating. Suggs' presence wouldn't have made much difference keeping the Bears off of the offensive boards. Seems like they were scoring every trip in the first 10 minutes.

Granted, Houston isn't Gonzaga, but Baylor has been extremely impressive throughout the tournament.

FreeGunston12

All-American
You don’t think that half would have gone any different if Gonzaga’s best player didn’t get two fouls in the first 4 mins?
I think Baylor forced the foul trouble. I do not attribute it to Gonzaga having a tough game two days ago. I think Gonzaga was not prepared for the intensity that Baylor brought out of the gate. I do not think they would've been any better against that intensity had they played Baylor two days ago instead of UCLA.

I think tournament fatigue is entirely overstated.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Still remember down in that shitty Florida tournament Baylor beating the shit out of us. Looked like men vs boys in person back then. Was beginning of DPs epic failure that was OTis’ senior year. Now Baylor wins this year and DP shitcanned. What a world