2021-22 Schedule Thread

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If anyone can pull a rabbit out of a hat, it's KE.

SLU did get a game in against Iona last week I think? I’m not sure if anyone outside the conference has had a COVID pause and wants a game in the next 5 days but maybe that’s also a possibility?

ephoops

Starter
Teams play on consecutive days in the A-10 tournament. In the NCAA tournament, teams play two games in three days.

"Squeezing" games in should not be an issue. It's great prep for the post-season.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Teams play on consecutive days in the A-10 tournament. In the NCAA tournament, teams play two games in three days.

"Squeezing" games in should not be an issue. It's great prep for the post-season.

Yes but then you’ve got a break. If you start playing three games a week for 8 weeks you’ll start breaking the players down.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yes but then you’ve got a break. If you start playing three games a week for 8 weeks you’ll start breaking the players down.
Maybe not 8 straight weeks, but enough to make up at least a couple(ish) games.

OP
jessej

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
i havent looked at the schedule - but one potential solution is to bring everyone to the tournament site a 2 days early and play a
9 am, noon, 3 pm, 6 pm and 9 pm game
2 days before the tourney begins

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
·
4m

Top 50 NET Rankings broken down by conference:

ACC: 4
AAC: 1
Atlantic 10: 1
Big Ten: 7
Big 12: 8
Big East: 6
Conference-USA: 1
Mountain West: 4
Missouri Valley: 1
OVC: 2
Pac-12: 3
SEC: 7
SOCON: 1
WCC: 4

The NET feels broken this year...no way Bona should be only 10 spots ahead of Mason with 2 Quad 1 wins and only 1 Quad 3 loss and no Quad 4 loses while we have 0 Quad 1 wins and 5 Q3 and Q4 losses combined.

ephoops

Starter
Mason has two postponed games that need to be rescheduled - Rhode Island and Duquesne.

I would propose the following:

Mason is scheduled to play GW on Sunday Feb 27th. Duquesne is scheduled to play at Rhode Island on Sat Feb 26th. Duquesne is then scheduled to play at GW on Wed March 2nd.

Mason could move its home game with GW to Saturday Feb 26th. Mason plays on Wednesday Feb 23rd at vcu and GW plays Tuesday Feb 22nd at home against Richmond. Moving the GW game up a day is a slight disadvantage to Mason, but not over-burdensome.

After its game at Rhody, Duquesne can travel to Mason and play Monday Feb 28th at Mason. Duquesne would stay in DC to play its scheduled game with GW on Wednesday March 2nd.

The game with Rhody can be rescheduled for Monday March 6th at Mason. Rhody is coming to DC anyway for the A-10 tournament and they play at St. Joe's on Saturday March 4th. Rhody can travel from Philly to DC after their game against St. Joe's. Mason plays at home against UMass on Saturday March 4th. Both Rhody and Mason are not expected to play in the PIG on Wednesday March 6th, so each team will have at least two days of rest prior to their first game in the A-10 tourney. Hopefully Mason has the double bye and they will not play until Friday in the A-10 tournament. ;-)

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I hate to say it, I foresee us falling off a cliff in the back-half of conference play. A ton of games in so little time, coupled with no bench depth is a bad recipe.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I hate to say it, I foresee us falling off a cliff in the back-half of conference play. A ton of games in so little time, coupled with no bench depth is a bad recipe.
Agree -- best case scenario for us is we stop rescheduling missed games -- especially the away games. We've got a short bench, and will need those legs for the A10 tourney.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Agree -- best case scenario for us is we stop rescheduling missed games -- especially the away games. We've got a short bench, and will need those legs for the A10 tourney.
And no projected "blow outs" where the bench could get significant minutes.

Kenpom has 7 of our next 8 games (minus the make-up with Richmond which is not yet listed) as 1 point games (3 wins, 4 losses). Seems like Kenpom is still trying to figure us out.

Last edited: