2021-22 Schedule Thread

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
FYI, I received this today.

We are looking forward to welcoming our fans into EagleBank Arena once again this season. With the hiring of Kim English and the return of Josh Oduro to lead the men’s basketball program, the 2021-22 season promises to be exciting and different in a number of ways.

Before looking ahead to the upcoming season, we have looked back and reviewed the Patriot Club Priority Seating, which has been in place since the 2007-08 season. We are implementing changes to the donation requirements for season tickets in a majority of the priority seating areas. We want to encourage our supporters to sit closer to the court in order to create the best possible game day atmosphere in EagleBank Arena. In doing so, this will provide better opportunities for our ticket holders to upgrade their seats and improve access to some of our prime seating sections.

As a result, we are lowering the annual per-seat donation requirements for the three most expensive areas in the seating bowl. The $750 donation level is now $600, the $400 level has been reduced to $300, and the $200 level now has a donation requirement of just $100 per seat.

We hope these changes enhance the atmosphere in EagleBank Arena by encouraging our fans to upgrade their seats. The funds raised through the men’s basketball seat contribution directly funds student-athlete scholarships for all George Mason student-athletes. Your continued support of Mason Basketball not only contributes to the game day atmosphere, but also directly impacts the educational opportunities that we are able to provide.

Hospitality Room Benefit Level
In addition to the changes outlined above, you can also expect changes to the Patriot Club benefit levels. The Green Room (court level) hospitality has not changed – this is still open to Patriot Club members who contribute at least $5,000 annually. However, the benefit level to access the Gold Room (concourse level) now requires a minimum donation of $600 per person. Please visit our website for more information on the updated Patriot Club benefits chart.

Please note: The availability of hospitality offerings at basketball games is subject to change and is based on current guidance on the COVID-19 pandemic from the Commonweatlh of Virginia and local health officials.

Season Ticket Invoices
Invoices for the remaining balance on your season tickets will be mailed the week of August 30 and due with full payment or the sign up of a payment plan by October 1.
Season tickets will be priced at $17 per game this season. Young Alumni - undergraduate classes of 2017-21 – ($9 per game) and Family Plan ($10.50 per game) will continue to enjoy special pricing on season tickets.

We appreciate your continued support of George Mason Basketball. If you are interested in upgrading your seats for the upcoming season there's still time! Please contact the Athletic Ticket Office at 703.993.3270 or icatix@gmu.edu.
This is honestly one of the smartest moves I’ve ever seen out of the ticket office, did not expect this this season. This should help with gold room crowd control by increasing the donor amount to get in the door there, while also putting more butts in seats and giving off the perception that the arena is more full by lowering ticket prices and allowing people to move closer for less money. Def going to be making a call this week or next to take a look at seating options the next level down. @Patriotsince81 gonna have to see what row you are in this year and what the availability looks like down there for the rest of the gang.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
This is honestly one of the smartest moves I’ve ever seen out of the ticket office, did not expect this this season. This should help with gold room crowd control by increasing the donor amount to get in the door there, while also putting more butts in seats and giving off the perception that the arena is more full by lowering ticket prices and allowing people to move closer for less money. Def going to be making a call this week or next to take a look at seating options the next level down. @Patriotsince81 gonna have to see what row you are in this year and what the availability looks like down there for the rest of the gang.
I'll take Brillo out if needed.........;)

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Very good move to adjust the pricing and encourage upgrades.

I know everyone gripes about the Gold Room size but I have heard rumblings of some sort of adjustments. No idea what but apparently its being worked on.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yea definitely need to improve the lines for food and beer in the Gold Room. Replace the soda stand with another bar - crazy they only have one location that serves alcohol and always ends up with a bottleneck and huge traffic jam with people circling back through there with their plates of food. Don't know how many times I've spilt precious drops of the golden deliciousness from running in to someone just stopping mid way to devour their food. Either there is no table space or they just stop waiting for other people in their group to find a location to stand. Get your shit and move out the way!

AT LEAST....Need 2 bars in the gold room! And would even create space outside or another gold room area on the opposite end.

Lets be honest.... people sneak in there or invite their friends last minute to the gold room all the time which is not recorded for the total amount they think they need to serve. Need to prepare for this and have more space.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Yea definitely need to improve the lines for food and beer in the Gold Room. Replace the soda stand with another bar - crazy they only have one location that serves alcohol and always ends up with a bottleneck and huge traffic jam with people circling back through there with their plates of food. Don't know how many times I've spilt precious drops of the golden deliciousness from running in to someone just stopping mid way to devour their food. Either there is no table space or they just stop waiting for other people in their group to find a location to stand. Get your shit and move out the way!

AT LEAST....Need 2 bars in the gold room! And would even create space outside or another gold room area on the opposite end.

Lets be honest.... people sneak in there or invite their friends last minute to the gold room all the time which is not recorded for the total amount they think they need to serve. Need to prepare for this and have more space.

The few times I've been to the Gold Room, there has been 2 locations for the bars----one near the food at the far end and the other in the opposite corner (to the right against the windows shortly after you walk in. Doesn't solve the lack of sufficient table space for people to be able to set food/beer down.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
FYI, I received this today.

We are looking forward to welcoming our fans into EagleBank Arena once again this season. With the hiring of Kim English and the return of Josh Oduro to lead the men’s basketball program, the 2021-22 season promises to be exciting and different in a number of ways.

Before looking ahead to the upcoming season, we have looked back and reviewed the Patriot Club Priority Seating, which has been in place since the 2007-08 season. We are implementing changes to the donation requirements for season tickets in a majority of the priority seating areas. We want to encourage our supporters to sit closer to the court in order to create the best possible game day atmosphere in EagleBank Arena. In doing so, this will provide better opportunities for our ticket holders to upgrade their seats and improve access to some of our prime seating sections.

As a result, we are lowering the annual per-seat donation requirements for the three most expensive areas in the seating bowl. The $750 donation level is now $600, the $400 level has been reduced to $300, and the $200 level now has a donation requirement of just $100 per seat.

We hope these changes enhance the atmosphere in EagleBank Arena by encouraging our fans to upgrade their seats. The funds raised through the men’s basketball seat contribution directly funds student-athlete scholarships for all George Mason student-athletes. Your continued support of Mason Basketball not only contributes to the game day atmosphere, but also directly impacts the educational opportunities that we are able to provide.

Hospitality Room Benefit Level
In addition to the changes outlined above, you can also expect changes to the Patriot Club benefit levels. The Green Room (court level) hospitality has not changed – this is still open to Patriot Club members who contribute at least $5,000 annually. However, the benefit level to access the Gold Room (concourse level) now requires a minimum donation of $600 per person. Please visit our website for more information on the updated Patriot Club benefits chart.

Please note: The availability of hospitality offerings at basketball games is subject to change and is based on current guidance on the COVID-19 pandemic from the Commonweatlh of Virginia and local health officials.

Season Ticket Invoices
Invoices for the remaining balance on your season tickets will be mailed the week of August 30 and due with full payment or the sign up of a payment plan by October 1.
Season tickets will be priced at $17 per game this season. Young Alumni - undergraduate classes of 2017-21 – ($9 per game) and Family Plan ($10.50 per game) will continue to enjoy special pricing on season tickets.

We appreciate your continued support of George Mason Basketball. If you are interested in upgrading your seats for the upcoming season there's still time! Please contact the Athletic Ticket Office at 703.993.3270 or icatix@gmu.edu.
I forgot this expense was coming. I am out of practice on this whole season ticket thing.

What timing (my fault, not theirs). I have been spending money like a drunken sailor this past week. If only this reminder had come a couple days ago, I might have spread things out a little more. When the wife sees this expense come through on top of the other big ticket items this week, I might have a little discussion on my hands.

It's for the kids, right? Yeah, that one usually works...

I am so excited to be back in the game though!

patriotchild

Starter
Anyone know what’s going on with tickets this year? I put a deposit in a few weeks ago and haven’t heard or seen anything besides what is posted here. There wasn’t an option to select a package. So not sure when we get to pick.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Anyone know what’s going on with tickets this year? I put a deposit in a few weeks ago and haven’t heard or seen anything besides what is posted here. There wasn’t an option to select a package. So not sure when we get to pick.
I suspect that you'll be able to pick your package sometime in September but otherwise you could probably give the ticket office a call.

I'm starting to fear that this season is going to be like last season from a spectator perspective. I can see Mason shuttering the Gold Room and requiring masks and vaccinations and social distancing at games. I went to one game last year, sat with the wife in a section by ourselves, (there may have been 100 people in the whole place and nobody within 50' of us) and was told by some officious athletic dept. type to pull my mask up between sips on the straw of my coke. That was it for our attendance at Mason games during COVID. We'd rather drink my beer maskless from the couch while trying to watch Mason play on a crappy pixelated streaming service than go through that again. I hope I'm wrong ....... but its not looking good.