2019/20 Projections

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just realized we have the A10-MWC challenge to start thinking about. Not sure how they are going to choose the teams, but I'm sure our NET and conference finish next season will determine who our opponent will be when it starts in 2020-2021.

Given our NET and conference standings this past season that would have paired us with UNLV:

GMU 5th, NET 153
UNLV 4th (tied), NET 157

I'd take that game! I might even be able to convince the wife to drive up to Vegas if it were on a weekend (I go to the game, we take the kids to Cirque du Soleil).

side note: I'm really surprised they haven't tried to poach New Mexico State from the WAC and get to 12 teams.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Looks like we’ve got another one...

15 total posts so far and at least a dozen of them are whining. Probably more if I gave a F enough to look at the context.

It's like the bastard love child of DJ3 and Sleeperpick. Not sure who was taking it from who though.

1. 2019/20 Projections
    11-20
    Post by: Mason32, Yesterday at 6:42 PM in forum: Basketball

2. Post
    Dave Paulsen
    You are comparing Mason to programs that actually make the NCAA tournament and are competitive. Don't understand your narrative here
    Post by: Mason32, Yesterday at 11:36 AM in forum: Basketball

3. Post
    Dave Paulsen
    So maybe they will only beat us by 30 this year instead 40! Hooray!
    Post by: Mason32, Yesterday at 8:08 AM in forum: Basketball

4. Post
    Dave Paulsen
    Imagine being this blindly optimistic about everything. Envy you sir!
    Post by: Mason32, Wednesday at 6:40 AM in forum: Basketball

5. Post
    2019 Transfer Thread
    There's a dated notion if I've ever seen one
    Post by: Mason32, Wednesday at 6:39 AM in forum: Basketball

6. Post
    15 Minutes Thread
    Guessing you're blaming this season on injury? Fun excuse but c'mon
    Post by: Mason32, Apr 4, 2019 in forum: Basketball

7. Post
    Welcome Josh Oduro
    No hope either...
    Post by: Mason32, Apr 4, 2019 in forum: Basketball

8. Post
    A-10 Hirings and Firings

9. Post
    Who's your Daddy?!?! - Welcome Bahaide Haidara
    Abram 2.0?
    Post by: Mason32, Mar 19, 2019 in forum: Basketball

10. Post
    Should we pay for the CBI/CIT if it comes to that?

11. Post
    Should we pay for the CBI/CIT if it comes to that?

12. Post
    Game 33: (A-10 Tournament, Brooklyn, NY), St. Bonaventure, Friday, March 15th, 2:30 PM, NBCSN
    Not a chance
    Post by: Mason32, Mar 15, 2019 in forum: Basketball

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Kind of hard to take a crack at this without knowing the OOC and what players are leaving/coming in. But I’ll go for somewhere just slightly over .500. We’ll have a better OOC showing than last year but a much improved A10 will prove difficult to string together a run in.

Also kind of depends on which two teams outside of vcu, GW, and Richmond that we draw home and away.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just realized we have the A10-MWC challenge to start thinking about. Not sure how they are going to choose the teams, but I'm sure our NET and conference finish next season will determine who our opponent will be when it starts in 2020-2021.

Given our NET and conference standings this past season that would have paired us with UNLV:

GMU 5th, NET 153
UNLV 4th (tied), NET 157
I said this a few months ago, but I think our A10-MWC Challenge should be in mid/late February using the old Bracket Buster model- the conferences wait until Feb to pair the games. That way teams needing a NET/Quad 1 or 2 boost will have another opportunity that they may not be able to have in a conference schedule that was set in June