Charleston Classic - TD Arena, Charleston, SC
(THU) Nov. 19
(FRI) Nov. 20
(SUN) Nov. 22

Last edited:

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I would hope we re-sign ODU. There is always energy in the building when we play them. Glad we are playing JMU. Those two should be fixtures on the schedule.
I wonder how difficult DP will make the schedule given all the ?s he has in the first year. My gut tells me Northern Iowa may be the toughest team we play (outside of Charleston Classic).

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
According to the Season Ticket renewal email Mason will host the following A-10 opponents
This means we know four of our nine road opponents:
La Salle
Massachusetts
Fordham
Rhode Island

I'm going to guess the other five are:
Davidson
GW
St. Bona (no way we dodge a trip to Olean for a third time)
Richmond (last 2 years was vcu H&H)
Dayton (last 2 years was SLU H&H)

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
http://www.a10talk.com/initial-reaction-to-2015-16-atlantic-10-schedule-pairings/

George Mason – After a 4-14 season in conference this past year things aren’t looking much better for the home team at the Patriot Center for 2015-16. Mason has the yearly disadvantage of being in what I like to call the Atlantic 10 South (Mason, Richmond, vcu, Davidson and GW), a region that includes three top-four caliber teams (Davidson, vcu, Richmond) as well as a George Washington squad who should challenge to be near the top of the conference as well. Add home games with Dayton, Bona, a rising Saint Joseph’s team and some banana peels against Duquesne and Saint Louis and Dave Paulsen has his work cutout for him in his first season in Fairfax.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hate to say it, but I'd take 4-14 in year 1 of Paulsen as long as GMU looks better in losing.

Why not aim high for 5-13 though? Can't GMU squeeze 3 home wins and a couple of road wins out of that schedule?

KAOriginal

All-American
http://www.a10talk.com/initial-reaction-to-2015-16-atlantic-10-schedule-pairings/

George Mason – After a 4-14 season in conference this past year things aren’t looking much better for the home team at the Patriot Center for 2015-16. Mason has the yearly disadvantage of being in what I like to call the Atlantic 10 South (Mason, Richmond, vcu, Davidson and GW), a region that includes three top-four caliber teams (Davidson, vcu, Richmond) as well as a George Washington squad who should challenge to be near the top of the conference as well. Add home games with Dayton, Bona, a rising Saint Joseph’s team and some banana peels against Duquesne and Saint Louis and Dave Paulsen has his work cutout for him in his first season in Fairfax.

Ah...the cellar dweller of the south........come on DP...."shock the world!"

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein
Northern Iowa will begin a three-year series with UNC at home on 11/21/15, Ben Jacobson told @CBSSports. Nice homecoming for Marcus Paige.
UNC has always been good about "homecoming" games, dating back to the Dean Smith days. I was fortunate enough to see UNC play at Cornell as a homecoming game for King Rice (Binghamton U wasn't a D-I back then so Cornell was the closest option). UNC played at Penn a few years ago because Roy wanted his players to play at the Palestra. I realize there is a lot of $$ lost for a school like UNC by giving up a home game, so kudos to them for going to UNI, even if its a 2-for-1 deal.