2014-15 Roster

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I guess Jalen heard all the "Cam Long sure had a growth spurt" jokes people were making in my section last year.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
A comparison of this season's roster (see http://www.gomason.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=25200&SPID=80389&SPSID=606518) with last season's reflects that:

6'8" Erik Copes lost 10 lbs. from 250 to 240
5'11" Corey Edwards gained 3 lbs. from 174 to 177
6'5" Vaughn Gray lost 3 lbs. from 195 to 192
6'8" Marko Gujanicic gained 1 lb from 224 to 225
6'1" Patrick Holloway gained 4 lbs. from 163 to 167
6'7" Jalen Jenkins lost 13 lbs. from 238 to 225
6'1" Marquise Moore gained 5 lbs. from 195 to 200
6'8" Julian Royal lost 5 lbs. from 237 to 232

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
A comparison of this season's roster (see http://www.gomason.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=25200&SPID=80389&SPSID=606518) with last season's reflects that:

6'8" Erik Copes lost 10 lbs. from 250 to 240
5'11" Corey Edwards gained 3 lbs. from 174 to 177
6'5" Vaughn Gray lost 3 lbs. from 195 to 192
6'8" Marko Gujanicic gained 1 lb from 224 to 225
6'1" Patrick Holloway gained 4 lbs. from 163 to 167
6'7" Jalen Jenkins lost 13 lbs. from 238 to 225
6'1" Marquise Moore gained 5 lbs. from 195 to 200
6'8" Julian Royal lost 5 lbs. from 237 to 232

Kinda obvious that JJ bulked up during his redshirt year to be a post player, now he's dropping weight so he can play on the wing.

Hopefully the mismatch is in our favor wherever he plays.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I noticed the same thing, Jim. We already know Jalen can drive and post up, so it would make him an even bigger thread if he can score consistently from the perimeter. I have to admit I'm surprised Patrick only gained four points. I know he's been hitting the weight room to get stronger, but I guess it didn't equate to more body weight.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I noticed the same thing, Jim. We already know Jalen can drive and post up, so it would make him an even bigger thread if he can score consistently from the perimeter. I have to admit I'm surprised Patrick only gained four points. I know he's been hitting the weight room to get stronger, but I guess it didn't equate to more body weight.

Four pounds of pure muscle is nothing to sneeze at when you are his size.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I'm surprised that no one commented specifically about 6'1" sophomore PG Marquise Moore who is now 200 lbs (the same weight as 6'10" freshman forward Trey Porter). And, Isaiah Jackson (the other underclassman at PG) is 6'6" and 207 lbs.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Four pounds of pure muscle is nothing to sneeze at when you are his size.

Oh, I don't disagree. He just looked like he bulked up a lot more in the photos I saw. As long as he is able to handle himself against taller and bigger guards (which he will face more often than not), his overall weight is moot. He has apparently been working more on penetrating to be less one-dimensional, so the additional muscle will serve him well in the paint.

Last edited:
OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Trivia Question: Which current Patriot has never missed a game while enrolled at Mason (69 consecutive games)?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
And, Isaiah Jackson (the other underclassman at PG) is 6'6" and 207 lbs.

Isaiah posted some photos of himself on his Twitter account and he barely resembles the kid who signed with us last spring. He must be working his a** off in the weight room because he's put on a bunch of upper-body muscle since coming to Fairfax.

A good sign, I'd say.

Patriotfan49

Starter

Holloway has the build that looks like even putting on 4 lbs is a struggle. Dude is just thin, at least he is pretty durable.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
That's great news for J2. I know his playing career probably didn't play out like he wanted, but props to him for continuing his education while helping out the team. Who knows, maybe he'll be our interim head coach by the end of the season.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Does anyone know whether volunteer assistant Matt Mihalich is the son of Hofstra's coach Joe Mihalich?