2013-2014 OOC Opponents Tracker

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
How much incentive money does our coach have in contract? I saw his base as 625k and with incentives it could reach close to a million. If so, the arguement re the expense of firing him is bullshit. If Lamar can eat Knights then we should show some balls and fire Hewitt. Amongst other things, WHY saddle next coach witth 4 or 5 of Hewitts guys?

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
He sounds like a complete idiot.

"I did what I wanted to do,'' Knight said. "I coached a team in the NIT [at Texas Tech] and I coached a team in the NCAA. I wanted to prove I could do this for my last name. I should have gotten out after the NCAA. But you're sitting there and have a chance to build a team from scratch. You decide to do it and didn't get it done quick enough. So you get fired. That's it. I have no regrets. I'm proud of what I did. I should have done it. You feel loyal to a place after you're fired from a place. We lost eight out of our top 10. We tried it and didn't work."

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
How much incentive money does our coach have in contract? I saw his base as 625k and with incentives it could reach close to a million. If so, the arguement re the expense of firing him is bullshit.

GS, I don't disagree with you, but aren't all three assistants under contract as well for the next two years? I can't find the site that lists what Houston, Kreider and Skeeters are making, but I would think we're talking about another combined $400,000/year we'd have to eat if we cleaned house.

Again, I'm not saying we shouldn't do it, but it is a lot of money for a school that couldn't find the funds to build a practice facility or land a legitimate radio deal to broadcast our games.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
GS, I don't disagree with you, but aren't all three assistants under contract as well for the next two years?

Good question. I had always assumed the assistants contracts were not guaranteed like the head coaches, but that was purely an assumption.

Last edited:

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If you add every penny that could be an expense of Hewitts contract its enough to cover the assistants. All the money is there to fire everyone today.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The reason we dont have a practice gym is bc nobody walked into TOC's office to stroke a $10 million check. Good news though, I plan to pledge $20 million when Hewitt is fired. Practice gym included as long as we can nickname it the G-Spot Center of Practice.

OP
Five Two

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The reason we dont have a practice gym is bc nobody walked into TOC's office to stroke a $10 million check. Good news though, I plan to pledge $20 million when Hewitt is fired. Practice gym included as long as we can nickname it the G-Spot Center of Practice.
I'd still like to know where the $$ went that Barnes & Noble pledged to the practice facility. Did they end up retracting their pledge when it was obvious no facility was going to be built?

Last edited:

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Assistant coaches usually get shorter contracts than head coaches. Maybe not limited to year-to-year, but 2 or 3 years max at a time.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Jon Ronstein tweeted:
Iona survives against Canisius 75-72. Gaels advance to Monday night's MAAC title game against either Manhattan/Quinnipiac.

OP
Five Two

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Congrats to AU on winning the Patriot League. I saw "some" of the game since FiOS refuses to carry CBSSN in HD. Standard def is brutal.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Congrats to AU on winning the Patriot League. I saw "some" of the game since FiOS refuses to carry CBSSN in HD. Standard def is brutal.

I tried watching it, but CBSSN kept going out on DirecTV due to the wind. The strange thing is I had no issues with CSN or ESPN. Nice to see theEagles in the NCAAT.