15 Minutes Thread

FreeGunston12

All-American
Anyone know how I could watch the Michigan St and/or Wichita St game? I recently went back and watched the UNC and UConn games for nostalgia. Truthfully, I've never watched the Michigan St game. Was in HS at the time and Mason wasn't really on my radar at the time. I watched the following rounds as a general college basketball fan.

FreeGunston12

All-American

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Surely someone could package these together in a DVD/Blu ray set and make/raise some money. They probably used cameras that were much better than the broadcast was able to show at the time. I'd pay $100 for all the games in HD and would watch them once every March.

That would be the NCAA. If they really want to go wild they’d make them an NFT and auction these things off.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Surely someone could package these together in a DVD/Blu ray set and make/raise some money. They probably used cameras that were much better than the broadcast was able to show at the time. I'd pay $100 for all the games in HD and would watch them once every March.
The school did put out a dvd at the time. Highlights of the FF run. Not complete games.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Thread today on Reddit's r/CollegeBasketball about the Final Four run and benefit to the the school. Interesting to read the perspectives of other fans:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/comments/mw06gt/mason_men_george_masons_cinderella_run_to_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
I can never get enough of this. I sat on the fold out risers in the old gym on Ring Rd. (actually, at the time, it was only half a ring) when the players literally outnumbered the fans. I could razz JMU coach Campanelli and he could hear every word I said. (Nearly got me thrown out one night.) I played pick-up games on the same court, and broke the 4th metatarsal bone in my right hand. Interestingly enough, the doc who set the bone was the bone doc for the newly formed NHL Washington Capitals.
Anyway, 46 years of fandom. Yep, there's no such thing as too many FF highlights!
Maybe some great new memories will be coming soon!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I can never get enough of this. I sat on the fold out risers in the old gym on Ring Rd. (actually, at the time, it was only half a ring) when the players literally outnumbered the fans. I could razz JMU coach Campanelli and he could hear every word I said. (Nearly got me thrown out one night.) I played pick-up games on the same court, and broke the 4th metatarsal bone in my right hand. Interestingly enough, the doc who set the bone was the bone doc for the newly formed NHL Washington Capitols.
Anyway, 46 years of fandom. Yep, there's no such thing as too many FF highlights!
Maybe some great new memories will be coming soon!!!
Amen!

KAOriginal

All-American
This morning .and not sure how old it is ..on ESPNs "Bad Beats- Worst of College Basketball" review of this past season in terms of betting failures....led off with our loss to Dayton that had all the technicals at the end. They even spent time poking fun of Paulsen standing in the tunnel after getting ejected and not leaving.

We he finally did ...in a bigger way....

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Political views aside, nice Mason logo on the front of CNN.com.

Screenshot 2021-10-01 115110.png

Last edited: