15 Minutes Thread

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Enjoyable article marred by the information that Jon Larranaga's wife worked for Dick Cheney. I did meet Jon L. in a bar once - he couldn't have been friendlier. Did not get the same impression from his companion Jesse Young - perhaps I caught him on an off night.
Both in college and since, JL and JY were/are super nice guys

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Both in college and since, JL and JY were/are super nice guys
So was Dick Cheney. Juuust kidding...since you thumbs downed me (like usual). Anyway, I meant my last couple of comments all in good fun.

;)

Last edited:

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Journalism 101 - you can't put Dick Cheney's name in a feel good sports story. You just can't.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
A few thoughts on Feinstein's article:

I'm sure Coach L is happy Jr spelled Larrañaga correctly by using the tidle over the "n".

I'm glad James Madison got left off the list of schools Left Driesell coached at

I wasn't old enough to watch too many of the Dick Enberg, Al McGuire, Billy Packer games. But I was able to watch the last year they were all together and it was great. BTW, Dick Enberg was underrated as an announcer.

Billy Packer should be in the Hall of Fame.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
IDK where to post this. I asked ChatGBT of new George Mason University mascot ideas. This was his response. I kinda like the Green Hornet, or the Mason Moose!

1. Patriot the Mason: A proud and determined patriot, with a strong sense of duty and a love for George Mason University.
  2. Mason the Green Patriot: A green-colored patriotic eagle, symbolizing the university's commitment to sustainability and the environment.
  3. The Mason Minute Man: A historical figure representing the university's roots as a school of education, with a focus on quick thinking and fast action.
  4. The Green Hornet: A nod to the university's strong athletic program and its mascot-inspired name, with a focus on determination and agility.
  5. George the Green Patriot: A friendly and approachable representation of the university's namesake, George Mason, with a focus on community and inclusiveness.
  6. The Green Gator: A fun and energetic mascot that represents the university's location in Northern Virginia and its connection to the Potomac River.
  7. The Mason Moose: A strong and majestic mascot, symbolizing the university's commitment to education and its connection to nature.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
IDK where to post this. I asked ChatGBT of new George Mason University mascot ideas. This was his response. I kinda like the Green Hornet, or the Mason Moose!

1. Patriot the Mason: A proud and determined patriot, with a strong sense of duty and a love for George Mason University.
  2. Mason the Green Patriot: A green-colored patriotic eagle, symbolizing the university's commitment to sustainability and the environment.
  3. The Mason Minute Man: A historical figure representing the university's roots as a school of education, with a focus on quick thinking and fast action.
  4. The Green Hornet: A nod to the university's strong athletic program and its mascot-inspired name, with a focus on determination and agility.
  5. George the Green Patriot: A friendly and approachable representation of the university's namesake, George Mason, with a focus on community and inclusiveness.
  6. The Green Gator: A fun and energetic mascot that represents the university's location in Northern Virginia and its connection to the Potomac River.
  7. The Mason Moose: A strong and majestic mascot, symbolizing the university's commitment to education and its connection to nature.
1 and/or 3.
Still waiting for a decent logo though.
For instance, a lot of schools have an angry fearsome whatever-they're-called.
A menacing Patriot would be good. Another one with a GMU would also be an improvement. I prefer that over just GM.

KAOriginal

All-American
Have to pass on the Moose....

Here in Maine, the University of Maine-Augusta already has the moose mascot. While large and majestic---it's hard to cheer for them at curling matches and "co ed" bowling. The moose calls get tiresome. And since there's already an alumni in the house with all the gear--hoodies, bobbleheads, etc...I couldn't take anymore.....

MOOSE.png

But give them credit---they retire jerseys. They have a complete explanation and criteria listed out on their website.

Last edited:

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023

The Mason Minute Man: A historical figure representing the university's roots as a school of education, with a focus on quick thinking and fast action.

Oh, so that's what they meant when they called me that in college...

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I like the hornet nickname honestly. But it’s not going to be changed so it’s moot.