Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Excellent move to sure up the back court going forward.

I know Begg and Okojie are both point guards, but my understanding is they play a bit differently. In another year, we'll have to see if we have Polite/Dinkins/Begg/Okojie running point duties and who plays more off ball which I feel would help Ronny out a lot. Have to think we may only be talking about 3 of the 4 in another year but we'll see.

At least on paper, we're set with point guards for the next two years which is a good feeling.

I know Begg and Okojie are both point guards, but my understanding is they play a bit differently. In another year, we'll have to see if we have Polite/Dinkins/Begg/Okojie running point duties and who plays more off ball which I feel would help Ronny out a lot. Have to think we may only be talking about 3 of the 4 in another year but we'll see.

At least on paper, we're set with point guards for the next two years which is a good feeling.
Never a bad idea to have a PG for every year grouping. Begg slots right in well for the plan.

Now lets go get our 2/3 player!

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Great thing is both can be effective on or off the ball, so you can play them together like Dave did well with Otis and Marquise. Can see their skill sets complementing each other very well.

Message sent to Dinkins: Better step up your game because otherwise your replacements have been identified.

Last edited:

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeaaaa.... welcome Justin!!!! Tony and team doing work!

Great pickup, kid can shoot and looks fast. We have been lacking pure PG's who can distribute and also score and overall those who help create their own and others shots.

Not to be Debbie downer, hope we can keep this kid 3-4 years with him being all the way from Texas. Hopefully our culture and him getting significant minutes on a winning team year end and year out will keep him in Fairfax.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
He does like to shoot the 3. Can't believe he doesn't have more offers.

Bunch more of his highlights:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeaaaa.... welcome Justin!!!! Tony and team doing work!

Great pickup, kid can shoot and looks fast. We have been lacking pure PG's who can distribute and also score and overall those who help create their own and others shots.

Not to be Debbie downer, hope we can keep this kid 3-4 years with him being all the way from Texas. Hopefully our culture and him getting significant minutes on a winning team year end and year out will keep him in Fairfax.

Malik is from Texas and he’s stuck around.

As poor as our PG play has been over the last several years, having a herd of PG's to choose from seems like the right move. Competition is a good thing and hopefully these guys will push each other to greater heights. The ones that win will get the PT, and the ones that don't will still be better prospects in the portal.