Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

MIAMI UPDATE

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY, Jan 16, 2014.

1. gmutom

gmutom Hall of Famer

@JonRothstein: Virginia holds Miami to 26 percent shooting in 65-40 win. Hurricanes also did not make a 3-pt FG. Cavs now 24-5, 15-1 in ACC play.
  2. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY All-American

Miami now at 14-14, 5-10 ACC...it will be interesting to see if they can finish .500 with NC State and Clemson to go on the road plus Wake at home, then the ACC Tourney.

Very poor coaching job by Larranaga this year. The people that value him over Mason on the boards must feel humiliated and embarrassed. Sure they have a little better record than Mason's terrible record this year--with an easier schedule.
  3. A.-Siegfried

A.-Siegfried Starter

I give credit for an amazing run of sarcastic posts in this thread. Hysterical
  4. expendable smurf

expendable smurf Four-star Recruit

Miami is currently the slowest paced team in all of basketball. I know Larranaga wasn't exactly uptempo when he was here but I don't recall us being painfully slow. Or is my memory wrong?
  5. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

If Miami played Mason this year, Miami would win b/c they have the better coach.
  6. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

I'm trying to stay positive, but if you were an AD, how long would it take you to choose between Larranaga & Hewitt? Would it take as long as it took to type your post?
  7. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Oh my gosh Hewitt. He's 50, whereas Larranaga is a 64 year-old who has shown signs of decreased mental capacity.

A lot of people have no idea what Jim does when he's relaxing. He takes his lovely wife to the movies and shovels buttered popcorn in his maw.

I love the guy, but it would be outright surprising if he isn't laid up like Hyman Roth by 2016 max.
  8. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Nuh-uh.
  9. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

We will agree to disagree on this. BTW, I'm older than Larranaga, and believe that he could be an effective coach for several more years if he's so motivated.

But, why revel in his difficulties this season considering what he's done for your alma mater?
    Vurbel likes this.
  10. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

I am hardly reveling. I am merely reporting.
  11. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

Sure, just reporting and no reveling on your part.
    Vurbel likes this.
  12. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

I am merely registering surprise and reporting facts in a colorful urban tone.

There is no happiness, merely exclamation.
  13. A.-Siegfried

A.-Siegfried Starter

Someone needs a lesson in sarcasm.
  14. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

Perhaps I do. But, I also believe that it's time to move on and stop posting about Jim Larranaga (which I guess is the point that Jollay is making).
  15. KAOriginal

KAOriginal All-Conference

Then can we talk Shaka Smart? Right now on CBS he's the feature of the 1/2 hour special "The Men of March."

Ts a six part series featuring Calipari, Williams, Izzo, Pitino, Donovand Smart....
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  16. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Miami with a nice win on the road over the Wolfpack as three point underdogs. I took NC State but also took the over, so whatever.

Jimmy L adds five more minutes to his basketball and living life expectancy with the win.
  17. Harry

Harry Starter

Is that Gary or Roy? One's a coach, the other's a recruiter.
  18. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Oh I forgot to mention...Miami's 40 point output the other night was its worst since 1994. Word is the Miami administrators were not happy and made L scrap his low-tempo approach, which fortunately paid off as L went more with a Westhead approach to get 85 in Raleigh.

I think as long as L is forced to continue to go away from his initial strategies that have failed so utterly this year, the Hurricanes have a chance to finish .500.
  19. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Up tempo, low tempo, no tempo ... he's still a thousand times better than the guy hired to succeed him.
  20. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

L with ANOTHER loss to slip back down to .500.

Word is there is an emergency meeting on campus Wednesday to decide what to do about the moribund Hurricane program.

It's not so much the mediocre results, it's just that they're paying L so darn much.