Who Will Be Mason's Next Women's Basketball Coach?

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Why not a young assistant at a highly-successful major conference school? My recommendation is Sam Purcell - https://gocards.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/coaches/sam-purcell/2004 & https://www.silverwavesmedia.com/news_article/show/1099958:

"Although a lot of his work is done behind the scenes, Purcell has played a pivotal role in the success of the Cardinals. His game scouts are as descriptive and detailed as there are in the country and they have helped Louisville defeat some of the best teams in women’s basketball, including Stanford, UConn, Notre Dame, LSU, Oregon, Oregon State, Duke, and North Carolina.

In addition to his meticulous game scouts, Purcell also focuses much of his time with game planning, player development and recruiting. He also prides himself on his ability to develop relationships with his players. He understands the importance of being there for a student-athlete whenever his guidance is needed to ensure them that they are successful in the classroom, as well as the basketball court."

"Sam Purcell (Louisville associate coach)

Purcell is a powerfully energetic, charismatic and a very spirited coach. He is a go-getter, a producer, the ultimate brand ambassador. A highly decorated recruiter, Purcell’s accomplishments are numerous. In seventeen years of coaching, the teams he has been a part of have combined for a 444-185 record, thirteen post season appearances, advanced to the NCAA tournament eleven times, a Final Four, two Elite Eights, four Sweet Sixteens and a WNIT Championship."

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'll bite.

Carrie Moore, Assistant Coach at North Carolina
Karen Blair, Associate Head Coach at Maryland

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I have a personal bias but the guy from Radford has done pretty well.

The last Mason hire from Radford did not work out well, however.

He15man

Starter
Seriously, why not kick the tires of the Auriemma coaching tree? Take your pick of any of their current 3 assistants. They all know what it takes to win and what the culture/mindset has to be.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Another idea: Amaka Agugua-Hamilton from Missouri State. She's a native of Herdon, Va., played at Hofstra, was an assistant at ODU and vcu. 26-4 last year, 23-3 with a Sweet 16 this year. I wonder what WBB coaches in the MVC make vs the A10...

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Coach Tajama Ngongba

@CoachTajama

·
Mar 30

Grad Transfers.....check us out. Inbox me if you are in the Transfer portal and interested. Mason has eight graduate programs listed among top 25 nationally, led by part-time law that is best in nation among publics | George Mason University

Mason has eight graduate programs listed among top 25 nationally, led by part-time law that is best...
George Mason University has eight graduate programs listed among the top 25 nationally according to latest rankings by U.S. News & World Report, reflecting the university’s impact as one of the best...
gmu.edu

KAOriginal

All-American
Another idea: Amaka Agugua-Hamilton from Missouri State. She's a native of Herdon, Va., played at Hofstra, was an assistant at ODU and vcu. 26-4 last year, 23-3 with a Sweet 16 this year. I wonder what WBB coaches in the MVC make vs the A10...

Make TOC proud of the pipeline!

JPgmuswim

Starter
Anyone know what the holdup in hiring a new women’s coach is? That program is definitely in a worse spot than the men’s.

JPgmuswim

Starter
Without reading too far into the article did we just hire the DP of Women’s Coaches. Lots of experience, average record, some success at a lower level school?