Where Are They Now?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
bad man Jim... The Devil's Lettuce never loses with brainwashing young men and women

My Catholic mother was all twisted up about the Mary Jane. When I turned 21 I asked her what sense it made that I could legally buy a case of beer and drink all 24 at one time, but it was illegal to smoke a joint.

She had ... no response. :D

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Ha, that was a good win, although if I recall correctly 09-10 was a pretty rough season since it was so up and down with the youth. I know it of course set up for a wonderful 10-11 season however.
Yeah 18 - 15 overall. It's funny, that was a down year. LOL. Now we look at 18 - 15 as the norm or even a good year. I still got a kick out of seeing inbounds plays that we actually scored with. Ball movement was fun to see as well. One of Mike Mo's more dominant games.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah 18 - 15 overall. It's funny, that was a down year. LOL. Now we look at 18 - 15 as the norm or even a good year. I still got a kick out of seeing inbounds plays that we actually scored with. Ball movement was fun to see as well. One of Mike Mo's more dominant games.
The inbounds plays kill me. I can at least see the logic in some of the other stupid things we do, our lack of an inbounds play just perplexes me.

It’s funny to watch this though. You can watch that, then remember the 2010-2011 team and see how much we’ve grown as a team. Up to this point under Dave, I think we’ve had individuals grow and make huge strides but we’ve never seen the team as a whole grow. We’ll see if we can finally buck that this year.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The inbounds plays kill me. I can at least see the logic in some of the other stupid things we do, our lack of an inbounds play just perplexes me.

It’s funny to watch this though. You can watch that, then remember the 2010-2011 team and see how much we’ve grown as a team. Up to this point under Dave, I think we’ve had individuals grow and make huge strides but we’ve never seen the team as a whole grow. We’ll see if we can finally buck that this year.

Def agreed with the last point. Or it seems like some guys do some guys dont. We haven't seen the collective group grow. Why? Is it coaching, the guys, some other external force? Who knows.

Ha yeah, 18-15 and 12-6 in the CAA even though most of the wins were squeakers. And we'd bitch and moan then! Haha. Hopefully we can see a 20+ win season this year

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
A 20+ win season in 2020-21 would be impressive.

Yeah, with 27 games (if none of them get abandoned) we’re talking going something like 12-6 in conference and 8-1 in OOC to get to 20 wins.

Maybe we can say fewer than 10 losses would be a success.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah, with 27 games (if none of them get abandoned) we’re talking going something like 12-6 in conference and 8-1 in OOC to get to 20 wins.

Maybe we can say fewer than 10 losses would be a success.

Ok I probably was thinking 30 games as usual,so yeah fewer than 10 losses is cool with 27 games.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Getting back to the topic of "where are they now," the Alumni Association is holding a virtual event next week to shine some more light on what impact Mason Athletics has on student athletes' lives after college, and where some of our alumni have gone and what they've done.

Will Thomas is one of the panelists. For those is us (like me) who wonder what our donations actually achieve, this is an opportunity to hear about the more long-term impacts of NCAA athletics.

Charting Career Success For Alumni Athletes

Each alumni athlete will be asked a series of questions about Mason's impact and how being involved in sports has contributed to their personal careers. Don't miss this opportunity to hear from alumni who have excelled athletically and personally, from student athlete to alumni athlete.

Tuesday, October 27th
5 - 6:00 p.m.

Virtual Event - Zoom

https://alumni.gmu.edu/s/1564/GID2/...gid=5540&gid=2&cid=13965&ecid=13965&post_id=0

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
http://www.bbl.org.uk/lockett-agrees-new-flyers-deal/:

"Eric Lockett has signed a new one-year contract with the Bristol Flyers.

The 6’5″ American wing returns ahead of the new season, becoming the eighth player to commit to Coach Kapoulas’ 2020-21 BBL squad.

Lockett first joined the Flyers in February from Al-Rayyan Sports Club in Qatar and made just four appearances for the Flyers before the Covid-19 shutdown, averaging 14.5 points and 6.5 rebounds per game."

"Lockett averaged 7.9 points per game during his five-year college career, enjoying spells with George Mason, Chipola and Florida International before transferring to NC State for his senior year.

He posted a career-high 14.3 points and 6.5 rebounds per game as a Sophomore at FIU, shooting 46.6% from the field."

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colle...cle_6d221119-493c-50e2-8545-d052839a52ed.html:

"CEDAR FALLS – The University of Northern Iowa may be able to add a valuable defensive stopper and rebounder to its basketball rotation this season.

UNI head coach Ben Jacobson confirmed on Tuesday that the program is pursuing an NCAA waiver for Goanar Mar – a 6-foot-7 transfer from George Mason – to become immediately eligible.

'He would like to see the waiver process go his way so that he’s able to be a part of the group this year,' Jacobson said.

Mar entered UNI with one year of eligibility remaining. He was initially going to redshirt this upcoming season and play the following season, but Mar now may have the option to play both.

The NCAA Division I Council decided on Oct. 14 to extend eligibility for winter athletes one year due to the potential disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Schools are now allowed to carry extra scholarships for one year to accommodate seniors who wish to exercise another season of eligibility.

Jacobson anticipates it will be at least a couple weeks before the NCAA makes a decision on Mar’s waiver. His addition could bolster a UNI defense that ranked 106th in points allowed per possession last season.

Missouri Valley Conference Defensive Player of the Year Isaiah Brown was among UNI’s key graduates from the 2019-20 team that finished 25-6.

During UNI’s practices, Mar has been extremely active while demonstrating an ability to defend multiple positions. He’s a reliable rebounder on both ends of the floor.

'He has shown already in our practices that he can impact the game defensively and he can impact the game in terms of rebounds,' Jacobson said."