Where Are They Now?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
she played 7 mins.... might not be too fine

I didn’t watch a whole lot of women’s basketball last year, but when I did I remember NCH playing about 0 defense. Could be why she’s coming off the bench and playing so few minutes right now.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://wtop.com/sports/2020/12/for...scribes-fast-pace-coaching-style-in-new-book/:

"In Paul Westhead’s 1993 interview for the job as George Mason University’s men’s head basketball coach, then-athletic director Jack Kvancz wanted to know what he should tell the school’s president.

Without hesitation, Westhead replied, 'I’m going to knock your socks off, and I am going to play so fast — you and the fans are going to fall out of your seats in enjoyment.'

That was a typical Westhead interview response because he was confident his fast break style of basketball, often referred to as “The System,” would be entertaining, if not always successful."

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Currently 48% and leads his conference. Him and Kolek would of been lights out.
JDS averaging 11.4 points in the same level of competition. It does not correlate at all. Last thing we need is another kid that is a streaky shooter that plays 0 defense. Already have Jamal

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If 48% from trey land is considered streaky, then you might be Paulsen himself. Is that % only "decent" for you? Not too great right.

Many kids transfer up. Many shine or have some success. Luke Hancock had multiple years with Pitino. Kier I dunno about...Grayer did fine at TCU. There is more correlation than you think.

We need and needed all the help we can get.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If 48% from trey land is considered streaky, then you might be Paulsen himself. Is that % only "decent" for you? Not too great right.

Many kids transfer up. Many shine or have some success. Luke Hancock had multiple years with Pitino. Kier I dunno about...Grayer did fine at TCU. There is more correlation than you think.

We need and needed all the help we can get.

9-14
5-7
2-7
1-6
2-5
3-7

He's shooting that percentage because he went off against Hofstra, basically.

At 6'5 175 he's basically a bean pole (XJ is 182 and 6'1, Javon Greene is 190 at 6'2 -- and we say we have boys against men)...he'd get eaten alive in the A-10.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
That's a good point. Glad you looked it up. There system is not a good fit for him, however. King Rice is a dope. Lots of free styling crap.

KAOriginal

All-American
Probably that DP believes he can still win playing 1000% percent disciplined no deviation system basketball.

Kids get tired of it.

A10 coaches out recruit and then coach the talent and not beat it into submission.

Im done with him.

Last edited:
OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://lbcchargers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=447&path=womens_bb:

"Lancaster Bible College and the Lancaster Bible College Athletic Department are pleased to announce Joyous Tharrington has been hired as the 26th coach in program history. Tharrington most recently served as an assistant coach at NCAA Division I University of North Carolina Asheville in Asheville, N.C., and takes over for Katelyn Vanderhoff who stepped down in May.

Tharrington has assisted UNC Asheville in four straight winning seasons, including an NCAA Tournament berth in her first season in 2016-17. The Bulldogs also advanced to the Big South Conference semifinals or better in each of her first three seasons on the bench in Asheville. Prior to her time in Asheville, Tharrington served as a graduate assistant at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va., and was a part of the coaching staff that guided the Flames to the NCAA Tournament during the 2014-15 season, as the team went 26-7, and 19-1 in Big South Conference play.

In addition to coaching at the NCAA Division I level, Tharrington also played at the top level, as she played two seasons at the University of Richmond, followed by two years at George Mason University. While at George Mason, Tharrington served as team captain, and was the co-founder of the campus Athletics in Action group."

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Thought I'd check in on Mar, since no one has done an update since he's started playing. 9 games, shooting 39.1% from the floor. Averaging 14.4 mpg 2.2 ppg, 2.7 rpg. 0.3 apg. His best game was against Bradley where he had 8 points on 4-6 shooting, 4 rebounds, and 1 assist. Sounds like he's picked up right where he left off with us.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://www.mlive.com/sports/2020/1...fathers-footsteps-with-an-eye-on-the-nba.html:

"The Horned Frogs, who finished 16-16 and seventh in the Big 12, likely would not have made it to March Madness when the season was cut short in March. So with his college career in the books, Jaire Grayer turned his attention to the NBA.

To that end, Jeff Grayer has enlisted a professional skills coach, as well as strength and conditioning trainers to prep Jaire in hopes that his son will get the chance to show an NBA team what he can offer."

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
https://www.mlive.com/sports/2020/1...fathers-footsteps-with-an-eye-on-the-nba.html:

"The Horned Frogs, who finished 16-16 and seventh in the Big 12, likely would not have made it to March Madness when the season was cut short in March. So with his college career in the books, Jaire Grayer turned his attention to the NBA.

To that end, Jeff Grayer has enlisted a professional skills coach, as well as strength and conditioning trainers to prep Jaire in hopes that his son will get the chance to show an NBA team what he can offer."

Speaking of: Dennis Rodman's daughter, Trinity Rodman, was just drafted second overall by the local NWSL team Washington Spirit who also added a ton of USWNT players to a team who also had two Japanese national team players on it. Should be a fun team this year (especially if Dennis Rodman shows up at Segra Field in Loudoun to watch his daughter play at any point).