Where Are They Now?

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"Along with serving as the bench boss for the Georgetown women's program for the last six campaigns, Howard was the head women's basketball coach at Wesley (Del.) College from 1991-1997 where he was 75-69 over six seasons. In his tenure as a head coach, James amassed a total 141 victories.

He also has coaching experience in the women's programs at Howard University (associate head coach, 2008-2011), Delaware State University (assistant coach, 2007-08), George Mason University (assistant coach, 2000-2007), and the University of Maryland (assistant coach, 1999-2000, and director of basketball operations, 1998-1999)."

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"Dayton Moore is once again associated with a pennant-contending team. Unfortunately for Royals fans, it’s not in Kansas City.

After he was fired by the Royals as president of baseball operations before the end of the 2022 season, Moore was hired by the Texas Rangers as a senior advisor. The role reunited Moore with former Royals pitcher Chris Young, the Rangers’ general manager."

"Earlier in the month, Moore went on the Baseball Isn't Boring podcast and discussed topics centered around his time with and exit from the Royals. He briefly elaborated on his philosophy on data versus the people behind the data — which seemed to be one of the reasons why Kansas City went in another direction — and here's what he had to say:

'I appreciate and respect and admire and covet the data and information that is out there. Always have. But I learned the game through a different way. I learned it through more of a pure evaluation, understanding the makeup of players, what motivates them, what drives them to be successful. Those things will never ever change. You have to understand the heart and desire of a player, and what their habits are like, what their routines consist of, because that is a predictor of future success.'"

Last edited:
OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

bailey.jpg

Drury Vice President & Director of Athletics, Nyla Milleson, turned to a former colleague to take the reigns of the Lady Panthers basketball program. Milleson, who was the first-ever head coach of the Lady Panthers and launched a program that features the best all-time winning percentage in NCAA-II women's basketball, has named Kaci Bailey as the team's next head coach and the 2023-24 season will be her first on the the Drury bench.

Bailey has been the head coach at Quincy for two seasons and worked as an assistant coach under Milleson at George Mason University at the NCAA Division I level from 2017-2021. She had been an assistant coach at the Division I level for seven years, with two seasons as an assistant and recruiting coordinator at Wichita State and Central Arkansas in addition to her stint at George Mason.

'It is my privilege to announce Kaci Bailey as the next coach for the Drury Lady Panthers,' said Milleson. 'As a member of my coaching staff for four years at George Mason, I witnessed first-hand how Kaci relates to student-athletes, develops talent, and gets the most out of players. She is an excellent recruiter and was valuable to me on sidelines during games. I appreciated how Kaci was a mentor to our players both on and off the court, and I know she will be a guiding force that will shape the lives of the young women here at Drury. I'm proud the have the opportunity to hire Kaci for a second time and bring her to the Lady Panthers program.'

As head coach at Quincy, Bailey led the Hawks through one of the most dramatic turnarounds in the Great Lakes Valley Conference in recent history. She inherited a team that won just two games in 2020-21 and, this season, guided them to their first postseason appearance in seven years. The Hawks finished 13-16, 9-11 in the GLVC and nearly derailed the Lady Panthers' quest for a seventh-straight conference title in the league quarterfinals. In Drury's 24 games against conference opponents during the regular season and postseason, their game against Quincy was the only time the Lady Panthers trailed in the final two minutes. The Hawks missed a shot as time expired, and Drury survived for a 79-78 win, then went on to capture the GLVC championship.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

"Dayton Moore is once again associated with a pennant-contending team. Unfortunately for Royals fans, it’s not in Kansas City.

After he was fired by the Royals as president of baseball operations before the end of the 2022 season, Moore was hired by the Texas Rangers as a senior advisor. The role reunited Moore with former Royals pitcher Chris Young, the Rangers’ general manager."

"Earlier in the month, Moore went on the Baseball Isn't Boring podcast and discussed topics centered around his time with and exit from the Royals. He briefly elaborated on his philosophy on data versus the people behind the data — which seemed to be one of the reasons why Kansas City went in another direction — and here's what he had to say:
Thanks for this. Will definitely listen to the podcast.

I played against Dayton in the Clark Griffith league. He was on the best team in the league - the Reston Raiders - and I played for one of the worst, the Elliott Rangers. A really nice guy who seemed to genuinely feel bad every time they were stomping us. "I'm really sorry we're doing this to you. If it were up to me I would have called the dogs off, but it's not up to me." I told him, "Thanks for your concern but don't worry, Dayton. It'll be over soon and our needless suffering will come to an end."

As I recall he got an offer after his senior year at Mason from the Texas Rangers (though it may have been the Braves) to come to spring training (the minor league camp) as a non-drafted FA and he punted. I remember being surprised that he would pass on the opportunity, but at the same time feeling very impressed he did so. Like he knew he wanted to get into the front office and didn't want to waste time.

Pretty mature for a 22 year old.

As for his point about analytics vs the player behind the data, it's an interesting debate but I think I side with the numbers. If the analytics are getting better can't we assume the players' desire and habits are sound? Conversely, if the numbers are trending the wrong way, desire and habits don't mean much, do they?

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Taylor Brown

Owner, Independent Videographer and Producer​

Washington DC-Baltimore Area​

"As a point guard with seven years of professional basketball experience, I have developed the ability to be a self-starter and team player who adapts well and stays in the moment. I am a proven leader on and off the court and have been recognized for my outstanding performance as the Most Valuable Player (MVP) in the Morocco Throne Cup Championship and for being nominated as the Artist of the Year in the Sweden Basketball League in 2022. Additionally, I was awarded for the Forty Under 40 for Prince George's County for 2020 in Arts & Humanities.​

My skills and experience extend beyond the basketball court, as I have been recognized for my work in video production and editing. In 2019, I was awarded Best Multi-Media Ad for the MDDC Press Association, and in 2018, I won 1st Place for Best Sports Video for the same association. I am proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Final Cut, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom, Adobe AfterEffects, Canva, and Microsoft Office.​

As an independent videographer and producer and the owner of Taylor Brown 31 LLC, I have produced international video content in Israel, South Africa, and the United States for PeacePlayers International. I have also produced and edited the 35th CityWide Basketball Tournament for Newzroom Afrika in Durban, South Africa. In addition, I have produced short films for the Sociology Department of The University of Maryland and Bowie State University and media content, including photography, videography, and TV shows for professional basketball leagues in the Dominican Republic, such as The United Cup of Champions and LDC Superior Basket League. I have also composed and directed promotional and marketing videos for small businesses, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses, film, audio, and camera settings to achieve a high-quality effect sought by consumers.​

Furthermore, I produce live interviews on the "TB31 International Podcast," highlighting professional athletes achieving their goals, including Quinn Cook (NBA), Jasmine Thomas (WNBA), and Brandon Coleman (NFL). I also cover current political, sports, and business events via YouTube, more recently surrounding protests and demonstrations generating over 10,000 views. Additionally, I oversee video production and operate multiple professional cameras for the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicines live conferences and events in Washington, DC."​

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Re former Mason signee Cameron Walker:

"Prosecutors have offered life sentences to two former high school basketball players if they plead guilty in the 2021 fatal shooting of a recent college graduate during what police described as a botched robbery during a drug deal."

"Both suspects have been charged with murder, three counts of felony murder, aggravated assault, criminal attempt to commit armed robbery and purchase marijuana, and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.

Walker and Murray have pleaded not guilty, but prosecutors extended an offer to recommend life in prison if they change their plea. They have until the next pretrial hearing to decide. It is not clear when that hearing will take place and it was not specified whether the plea includes the eligibility for parole.

If found guilty by a jury, a sentence of life without parole would be on the table for both men, according to Georgia law."

"ATLANTA, Ga. (CBS46) - The 24-year-old man who was reportedly murdered by two basketball players was selling drugs out of his apartment via social media, according to the Alpharetta Police Department.

During a search of Connor Mediate’s apartment, police found several ounces of marijuana and THC vape cartridges. They also found the shooting victim’s phone, which contained evidence that he was using the apps Snapchat and Telegram to facilitate drug sales.

Messages shortly before the shooting were from someone using the name 'Cam.' Police were able to track the account to 17-year-old Cameron Walker.

'We believe it was a drug related case that they were either there to purchase or rob the suspect,' said Capt. Sean Woods, Alpharetta Police Department'."

"Police also spoke several witnesses who described hearing multiple gunshots and seeing a dark-colored vehicle. One witness told police that he saw a 'black' Porsche Panamera pull into the apartment complex and ask someone for directions.

Another witness told police that she heard a single gunshot followed by someone yelling and then two more gunshots. An additional witness also heard the gunshot and filmed a car leaving the scene.

Police were able to determine that Cameron Walker’s father owns a dark maroon Porsche Panamera. Police were also able to determine that Walker’s phone was in the vicinity of the apartment complex at the time of the shooting.

Messages on Walker’s phone revealed that he wanted to rob Mediate because he had lots of cash and a Rolex.

The phone record search also connected 18-year-old Jonathan Murray to the crime. A search of his phone revealed that he was in the same area as Walker on the night of the shooting. Murray is a teammate of Walker."

Last edited:
OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Tue May 16, 2023 10:49 am

Montana Griz Basketball

@MontanaGrizBB
·Follow

Adding an Aussie to the squad!

#GrizHoops
| #GoGriz

FwQ4TPeaMAE_PlI

Well this one totally slipped through the cracks on us, but we finally got our big guy! 6'10 C spent the last 2 years at George Mason primarily coming off the bench in a reserve role. Always good to get another Aussie, we've got one heck of a pipeline into Australia!

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023

Montana Griz Basketball

@MontanaGrizBB
·Follow

#GrizHoops | #GoGriz

FwQ4TPeaMAE_PlI

Well this one totally slipped through the cracks on us, but we finally got our big guy! 6'10 C spent the last 2 years at George Mason primarily coming off the bench in a reserve role. Always good to get another Aussie, we've got one heck of a pipeline into Australia!
Lol...Blake Jones the big guy Center.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Montana Griz Basketball

@MontanaGrizBB
·Follow

#GrizHoops | #GoGriz

FwQ4TPeaMAE_PlI

Best of luck to him
a lot of that Montana Beef will make him a center

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer