What I want for Christmas

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
He had two turnovers, so I'm pretty sure that had something to do with it.

Saw alot of that from Allen, Wright and Williams. They didn't get same treatment. When I saw us play NC ST in charleston with OCM here, Luke and Pearson weren't sharing the ball properly so the both got benched and we lost. Mind you we were winning when he benched them. Messeage sent and recieved.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Saw alot of that from Allen, Wright and Williams. They didn't get same treatment.

I'm just pointing out that a player was benched for not performing to send a message. I can't speak to why he didn't bench three more players. My guess is that playing with only four players on the floor is only something you see in the movie "Hoosiers." :)

OP
G

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don't know that Hewitt is asking his players to play one-on-one basketball per se. I've heard him plenty of times, even this year, in the post-game press conference he wants ball reversals -- without Moore on the floor, the ball just doesn't move. Allen, Holloway, Sherrod, and Gray are all looking to score the second they get their hands on the ball. Marko and Moore seem to be the only two players on this team who are interested in drawing a defense to them and moving the ball to the open man.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm definitely with you here. Although we don't have the dominant low post players Evans, Lewis, Thomas and Pearson, I think we can play inside-out with dribble penetration.

We have six guys capable of hitting the 3 — Sherrod, Allen, Edwards, Holloway, Gray and Marko — so I agree we should look to get the ball back out when the lane is taken away rather than throwing up circus shots.
This is exactly what I was thinking. You don't have to be overly athletic to run a drive and kick based offense....OK, so all of us agree. Somebody get Hewitt on the phone.

OP
G

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This is exactly what I was thinking. You don't have to be overly athletic to run a drive and kick based offense....OK, so all of us agree. Somebody get Hewitt on the phone.

Read my statement above on why that might not be any better.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It is an early Christmas for me. This thread has turned into a really good discussion about basketball. Thanks to everyone who has provided input.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Some of our guys are way too lazy at passing and don't use enough pass fakes to run a drive-and-dish offense effectively. And they telegraph their passes by staring in that direction for 2 seconds before passing, meanwhile, the defenders adjust. We need crisper, quicker passing.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I want to see a lot more of Gray and I want to see our team having fun every game

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

JBiggs

Starter
I don't know that Hewitt is asking his players to play one-on-one basketball per se. I've heard him plenty of times, even this year, in the post-game press conference he wants ball reversals -- without Moore on the floor, the ball just doesn't move. Allen, Holloway, Sherrod, and Gray are all looking to score the second they get their hands on the ball. Marko and Moore seem to be the only two players on this team who are interested in drawing a defense to them and moving the ball to the open man.
Allen is averaging around 5 assists per game. Had six last night.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Harry

Starter
My Christmas wishes:

--Healthy MM
--Healthy Copes
--Continued improvement from JJ
--Sherod and BA looking to score
--Holloway out of the doghouse
--Dominating Marko, a big man others have to game plan for
--CE not dribbling into the heart of the defense w/o a plan
--CE hitting 3s