What games do you wish you could watch again?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
My roommate and I were at that game. Absolutely insane. The middle aged JMU fan who sat in front of us and told us to "keep it down and remember where you are" before the game started left at halftime.
At least that guy showered (probably) compared to your former EBA neighbor lol

Maybe not.

I've been trying to track down full game recordings of the most iconic games played in the history of the George Mason program and get them on YouTube. Feels like if we don't do it, these parts of GMU history will be forever buried in a file cabinet somewhere and forgotten. Recently, with some help (you know who you are, thanks!) we were able to upload a full version of the Mason win over Villanova in the 2011 NCAAs.

What games do you wish you could watch again, but they aren't online to view?

2001 NCAA Mason vs Maryland?
2001 CAA Championship, Mason vs UNCW? (the 35-33 game, Brett Blizzard vs Jason Miskiri and George Evans)
2004 NIT Tennessee at Mason?
2008 NCAA Mason vs Notre Dame?

Any others you can think of?
2006 at vcu, big second half comeback, reminiscent of the comeback a few weeks alter against Uconn.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Not to nitpick, but Miskiri graduated in 99. Price/Herring/Evans/Young vs Blizzard was 2001. Brutal game.
Can't believe we were 1-14 from 3 in that game and thank god Blizzard was off as well or we would of lost by a lot. I think Herring's one 3 pointer was in the final minutes if I remember correctly.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Can't believe we were 1-14 from 3 in that game and thank god Blizzard was off as well or we would of lost by a lot. I think Herring's one 3 pointer was in the final minutes if I remember correctly.
You are correct - MVP Erik Herring made the Patriots' only 3 pointer with 3:27 remaining - https://www.espn.com/ncb/2001/20010305/recap/gadnag.html

"They did it in a most unusual game, one where each team had a scoring drought that lasted more than seven minutes, and where the last field goal of the night was Erik Herring's go-ahead 3-pointer with 3:27 left."

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I know they lost a lot, but I would love to see some games from the Paul Ball era. I enjoy back and forth basketball where it's all fast breaks and launching 3s.
Agreed. GMU 148 - Troy St. 132. LOL.

Troy State made 47-of-123 field goal attempts, including 28-of-74 three-point tries, and had 27 assists. All were records for George Mason opponents. The teams combined for 226 field goal attempts and 108 three-point attempts.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Pretty much, other than Will Thomas and a peak at the future potential of Cam Long.
I was there, Will dominated the Big East POY but unfortunately Folarin had an off game. It wasn’t a straight up blow out, but it wasn’t close either.

Jordan Carter got to play some quality minutes after being put in the dog house and not playing much, if at all, at the end of the season. Was happy that he got that opportunity and played well.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
You are correct - MVP Erik Herring made the Patriots' only 3 pointer with 3:27 remaining - https://www.espn.com/ncb/2001/20010305/recap/gadnag.html

"They did it in a most unusual game, one where each team had a scoring drought that lasted more than seven minutes, and where the last field goal of the night was Erik Herring's go-ahead 3-pointer with 3:27?

Who can name the Coach that drew up the play that Herring open for that three pointer?

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Trivia question: Name the former Patriot who made the winning shot, had double digit rebounds, and coached in a game at UNCW?

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Wake Forest game for me. It's where Homecourt Disadvantage started and Mason very much had a hand in that!