What games do you wish you could watch again?

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I've been trying to track down full game recordings of the most iconic games played in the history of the George Mason program and get them on YouTube. Feels like if we don't do it, these parts of GMU history will be forever buried in a file cabinet somewhere and forgotten. Recently, with some help (you know who you are, thanks!) we were able to upload a full version of the Mason win over Villanova in the 2011 NCAAs.

What games do you wish you could watch again, but they aren't online to view?

2001 NCAA Mason vs Maryland?
2001 CAA Championship, Mason vs UNCW? (the 35-33 game, Brett Blizzard vs Jason Miskiri and George Evans)
2004 NIT Tennessee at Mason?
2008 NCAA Mason vs Notre Dame?

Any others you can think of?

Last edited:

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I've been trying to track down full game recordings of the most iconic games played in the history of the George Mason program and get them on YouTube. Feels like if we don't do it, these parts of GMU history will be forever buried in a file cabinet somewhere and forgotten. Recently, with some help (you know who you are, thanks!) we were able to upload a full version of the Mason win over Villanova in the 2011 NCAAs.

What games do you wish you could watch again, but they aren't online to view?

2001 NCAA Mason vs Maryland?
2001 CAA Championship, Mason vs UNCW? (the 35-33 game, Brett Blizzard vs Jason Miskiri and George Evans)
2004 NIT Tennessee at Mason?
2008 NCAA Mason vs Notre Dame?

Any others you can think of?
Not to nitpick, but Miskiri graduated in 99. Price/Herring/Evans/Young vs Blizzard was 2001. Brutal game.

DRK331

Starter
Great idea!

I wanna see the game where Kim English's team beat Maryland at their place

Also, all of our wins over vcu/JMU/GW please

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
2012 Paradise Jam vs New Mexico - insane and heartbreaking ending/loss, but I was on tv a ton and have never seen the recording. I was harassed so much by the sideline reporter I eventually sicked her on one of the players parents.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
2012 Paradise Jam vs New Mexico - insane and heartbreaking ending/loss, but I was on tv a ton and have never seen the recording. I was harassed so much by the sideline reporter I eventually sicked her on one of the players parents.
What next, you'll want to rewatch Mason vs vcu from the Richmond Coliseum? Blech! :LOL:

Pablo

Hall of Famer
December 20, 1996: Mason 96 - St. Francis of PA 95.

St. Francis led by 29 points with just under 12 minutes to play.

FlPatriot

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Not to nitpick, but Miskiri graduated in 99. Price/Herring/Evans/Young vs Blizzard was 2001. Brutal game.
It was a brutal game, very tough defense. ESPN was quite condescending stating both teams combined couldn’t get 70 points, but when two BCS teams do the same thing…it’s lockdown defense…pure BS.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Both Wichita St games from '06...would love to watch that Elite 8 game. That was the only game that whole run where I was like "oh yeah we got this no problem."

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
2004 NIT vs UT
2004 NIT vs Austin Peay
2004 NIT vs Oregon

Mason vs Morehead State- home opener November 2003 (first game I attended/worked at Mason)