News Welcome Javon Greene

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Dave Paulsen‏Verified account@PaulsenDave Mar 20
Dave Paulsen Retweeted Mason Basketball

So excited about Javon and the impact he will have here!

Dave Paulsen added,

C7YHOKqV0AEaLQ_.jpg

Mason Basketball@MasonMBB
Honors and accolades are pouring in for our talented incoming freshman, @_javon23! #GetPatriotic Read more: http://bit.ly/2mMXxJz

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
With just a blink, Javon threw down 17 against Auburn. Even the first three he put up, he had zero hesitation. When he saw that first three go through the net, the switch turned on.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and not a Dre Smith situation where after he went 10-10 against JMU, the rest of the season he shot 28% form three point land.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
With just a blink, Javon threw down 17 against Auburn. Even the first three he put up, he had zero hesitation. When he saw that first three go through the net, the switch turned on.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and not a Dre Smith situation where after he went 10-10 against JMU, the rest of the season he shot 28% form three point land.

Or even an AJ situation who, after shooting lights out (and getting 8 blocks) has been almost non-existent since.

MasonCrew

Starter
I'm more inclined to think it will be this. Still great to see the potential though. He could be a great scorer in a few years.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
You could feel the mood in the stadium shift once Javon started sinking them. Up to that point it was real laid back like it was going to be a cake walk and then suddenly we were up 2 after being down by as many as 22. They started flashing the "Get Loud" on the video screens at that point.

A big part of it was Otis was quick on the penetration that Javon's man had to collapse and leave him open. Another part of it was he was taking the threes from a good 2-3 feet behind the arc and swishing them. He was clapping in Harper's face after that.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Coach was saying a couple of weeks ago that Javon was tearing up the nets in practice all this young season. He claimed that there is a lag of several games between this practice phenomenon and game time results.

Just another example of Coach P knowing exactly what he's talking about. If Mason can have a player off the bench averaging in double digit scoring then that makes for a pretty dangerous team!

GMUSig03

All-Conference
I'm glad that we've now seen breakout games from both AJ and Greene, and Calixte is continuing to improve.

I'm not as concerned with when they will all become consistent performers up to the level of their abilities as I am optimistic of what they will be able to provide as experienced sophomores for next year.

They are showing they are who we thought they were.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm glad that we've now seen breakout games from both AJ and Greene, and Calixte is continuing to improve.

I'm not as concerned with when they will all become consistent performers up to the level of their abilities as I am optimistic of what they will be able to provide as experienced sophomores for next year.

They are showing they are who we thought they were.

Yep, for most freshmen you’re looking for flashes of greatness knowing they’re not going to be consistent until they gain experience and get more comfortable in the system.

I’d say all four have already shown enough to be optimistic for the future.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Javon showed some of scoring skills at GW and last game vs. St. Louis. I've seen him drive a few times now one-on-one into to the paint, make that little head fake, take a high step or two, and slyly lay it in. Certainly, he has yet to officially break out, but I predict a double-digit game for him over the next five games.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Javon showed some of scoring skills at GW and last game vs. St. Louis. I've seen him drive a few times now one-on-one into to the paint, make that little head fake, take a high step or two, and slyly lay it in. Certainly, he has yet to officially break out, but I predict a double-digit game for him over the next five games.

Agree but he did score 17 against Auburn

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Agree but he did score 17 against Auburn
That he did. And then his offense disappeared for eight games. The Auburn game was a mere crack in the egg. The last two games we've seen him break two feet through the shell. Maybe his head will pop through at Duquesne? Or, maybe not... :eggonface: We'll see...

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Are we going to try and get steals that lead to easy baskets? Hope so.

Trapping the corners or doubling the post could lead to steals if you do it right (although, I haven't seen us trap the corners in a long time, most of the time when the ball goes into the corner it's because the player is wide open and about to drain a 3 on us).

Herndon

All-Conference
Y'all.

It might be time to have a conversation about Javon Greenes shot.

He has been sort of a disaster since that Auburn game.

**Note: I made this post and he immediately went on to have six points on two shots in the first half.

The Herndon Jinx is apparently a thing**

Last edited: