News Welcome Javon Greene

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I see another guard who could rack up some blocked shots.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
His slash and finish is of a 4 star recruit. Fast, controlled, and strong to the rim.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
His slash and finish is of a 4 star recruit. Fast, controlled, and strong to the rim.
better not say that too loud or DJ3 will request he comes to college a year early and takes over for Otis... But in all seriousness this is definitely an exciting commitment on top of Wilson and Mar in that recruiting class.

Last edited:

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
better not say that too loud of DJ3 will request he comes to college a year early and takes over for Otis... But in all seriousness this is definitely an exciting commitment on top of Wilson and Mar in that recruiting class.

lol

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Gotta make it through this season before we really start to see the payback from all these recruiting gems. I expect better this year but know all the pieces are not in place.....yet!

Herndon

All-Conference
So, as many times as he gets a finger on those crossovers, I'm willing to bet he has very long arms. Dudes who get those kind of pokes are always the guys where you think you're at a safe distance and they're just super spidery.

My guess is he's longer than he is tall.

JBiggs

Starter
So, as many times as he gets a finger on those crossovers, I'm willing to bet he has very long arms. Dudes who get those kind of pokes are always the guys where you think you're at a safe distance and they're just super spidery.

My guess is he's longer than he is tall.
I was thinking the same thing, and he appears to be pretty long. Wingspan, baby, WINGSPAN.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
But will DP let him gamble for the steal?

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
But will DP let him gamble for the steal?

Hey - if we're winning (though I don't expect many more wins this year) and last in the country in steals it'll be fine with me. It's hard for me to imagine him not being a little less conservative on that front with this group.

Last edited:

Harry

Starter
Hey - if we're winning (though I don't expect many more wins this year) and last in the country in steals it'll be fine with me. It's hard for me to imagine him not being a little less conservative on that front with this group.
As we know after 8 consecutive wins, this team plays tight man defense. They don't go for steals but they fight through picks, guard the 3, and seldom seem out of position. I'll give up the steals for this kind of defense.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
As we know after 8 consecutive wins, this team plays tight man defense. They don't go for steals but they fight through picks, guard the 3, and seldom seem out of position. I'll give up the steals for this kind of defense.

Though I believe steals are up this year - don't think GMU will finish last in the nation. Seems the team has a bit more freedom to go for steals - which makes sense given the roster.

OP
GMU_DCU

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
Though I believe steals are up this year - don't think GMU will finish last in the nation. Seems the team has a bit more freedom to go for steals - which makes sense given the roster.
Yep, the guards double teaming the post has led to quite a few turnovers of opponents bigs who put the ball on the floor.