Transfer Portal-Fan Style

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
To get the off-season topics started, I had an idea recently. I call it the the transfer portal for fans. In it, fans of one program can be transferred to another fan base. It works a little differently than the player portal, though. Instead of choosing to enter the portal, the rest of the fan base chooses “fans” of their program to transfer to another program.

So, if we, theoretically, had a fan of Mason basketball that routinely, publicly ridiculed our players, coaches and threatened to fight any other fan that had a difference of opinion, we could transfer that fan to a more appropriate team like vcu, where that hatred of our team and fans would be welcomed.

Discuss.

Last edited:

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
To get the off-season topics started, I had an idea recently. I call it the the transfer portal for fans. In it, fans of one program can be transferred to another fan base. It works a little differently than the player portal, though. Instead of choosing to enter the portal, the rest of the fan base chooses “fans” of their program to transfer to another program.

So, if we, theoretically, had a fan of Mason basketball that routinely, publicly ridiculed our players, coaches and threatened to fight any other fan that had a difference of opinion, we could transfer that fan to. More appropriate team like vcu, where that hatred of our team and fans would be welcomed.

Discuss.
LMAO.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Now I have to admit I take great pleasure in vcu losing. So, I decided to troll their boards for the first time to see what excuses they would have about the loss to Richmond. If we do in fact "trade" one of our fans for one of theirs please, PLEASE do not trade for "RamLover"!!!!!! I mean, if he had chosen "EweLover" I would be scared but at least I could understand. "Officer, I swear I was trying to help her over the fence." But RamLover is just too much for my taste. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
DuncanLamb should have to transfer but not to vcu. I like the idea of someone going off about both Mason and vcu basketball on like the Lasalle boards or whatever.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
View: https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1521233170456268802/photo/1

Ari Meirov

@MySportsUpdate

How about this: The have signed Texas Tech power forward Marcus Santos-Silva as a tight end. Don't see this one often. He played basketball the last five years in college (3 with vcu, 2 with Texas Tech). He's listed as 6’7” and 250 pounds.

1651600702594.png

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
View: https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1521233170456268802/photo/1

Ari Meirov
@MySportsUpdate

How about this: The have signed Texas Tech power forward Marcus Santos-Silva as a tight end. Don't see this one often. He played basketball the last five years in college (3 with vcu, 2 with Texas Tech). He's listed as 6’7” and 250 pounds.

View attachment 1352

Remember when Jai Lewis tried to go this route, spent like a week with the New York Giants and decided he didn’t actually like football?