News Tracking Official Adidas / Other Gear

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Has anyone heard if there will be an opportunity to buy official team gear this season? Limited online sale, pop-up in EBA during a game(s), etc.

I was on campus last week and checked out the bookstore. Some solid school apparel, but anything basketball/sports related was pretty atrocious.

DRK331

Starter
Has anyone heard if there will be an opportunity to buy official team gear this season? Limited online sale, pop-up in EBA during a game(s), etc.

I was on campus last week and checked out the bookstore. Some solid school apparel, but anything basketball/sports related was pretty atrocious.

I have not heard of anything yet, maybe something will pop up as the season gets closer?

If you want, one option is to design and buy your own gear with a website like Printful (Printful.com)

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

I had my in laws in town last weekend and they wanted to pick up some Mason basketball gear for them and their kids, we went to the bookstore and there was not a ton of options for basketball gear, and pretty much none of it was adidas branded stuff the team has. How they haven’t figured this out, after we surprised them with how much we ordered mid season last year, is beyond me.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I have not heard of anything yet, maybe something will pop up as the season gets closer?

If you want, one option is to design and buy your own gear with a website like Printful (Printful.com)
Might have been the type of shirt I used, but I had no luck with Printful. The graphic came right off after a couple washes.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I had my in laws in town last weekend and they wanted to pick up some Mason basketball gear for them and their kids, we went to the bookstore and there was not a ton of options for basketball gear, and pretty much none of it was adidas branded stuff the team has. How they haven’t figured this out, after we surprised them with how much we ordered mid season last year, is beyond me.
At the beginning of the summer the bookstore reached out to me on Xwitter. They seemed receptive to hearing about what we want as fans. I just haven't had the time to deal with it.

If we can compile a bullet list of wishes, I'll get it to them. They may even be interested in doing a call with a small group of fans to hear first hand.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I want a black or gray quarter zip with the academic logo. Not buying anymore shooting star merch. Also, not a fan of the new GM logo.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I want a black or gray quarter zip with the academic logo. Not buying anymore shooting star merch. Also, not a fan of the new GM logo.
Absolutely! Quarter or Full Zip. Quill M. It may not be "sportsy," but I'm not buying anymore shooting star stuff either.
And I agree, the GM is to "fat." Don't like it at all.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
At the beginning of the summer the bookstore reached out to me on Xwitter. They seemed receptive to hearing about what we want as fans. I just haven't had the time to deal with it.

If we can compile a bullet list of wishes, I'll get it to them. They may even be interested in doing a call with a small group of fans to hear first hand.
All I want is the stuff the team/staff wear. Adidas branded T shirts, hoodies, etc that say Mason basketball on it. Any kind of adidas branded golf polos that said mason basketball would be great too. Not sure if there’s still some weird issue with selling adidas gear through the bookstore or not.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
All I want is the stuff the team/staff wear. Adidas branded T shirts, hoodies, etc that say Mason basketball on it. Any kind of adidas branded golf polos that said mason basketball would be great too. Not sure if there’s still some weird issue with selling adidas gear through the bookstore or not.
That, and/or my above comment would be fine. I don't wear tees. I hate hoodies (I'm not 18 anymore, and it never gets cold enough to wear them).

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Yep, this!

Not sure why it’s difficult for the bookstore/school to understand all we want is official team gear. It’s commonplace amongst schools big and small.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yep, this!

Not sure why it’s difficult for the bookstore/school to understand all we want is official team gear. It’s commonplace amongst schools big and small.

It’s Adidas you need to convince, not the bookstore.

Hell, Adidas only gives third jerseys to MLS teams who meet a certain jersey sale metric.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
It’s Adidas you need to convince, not the bookstore.

Hell, Adidas only gives third jerseys to MLS teams who meet a certain jersey sale metric.
Yep, I get it. I just don't understand why Adidas produces and sends to the bookstore stuff (like the below) that 1.) aren't what the team wears 2.) clearly go against university brand guidelines and 3.) are randomly/poorly designed.

If you're going to spend time/money on a random t-shirt design, you might as well just send the school the shirts/designs the team wears...one less sku to worry about. This is where I think the school should push Adidas harder...don't send us random off-brand stuff that never sells and doesn't even use our correct logo, give us a chance to sell a few pieces of official apparel and gauge interest.

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 1.12.54 PM.png

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yep, I get it. I just don't understand why Adidas produces and sends to the bookstore stuff (like the below) that 1.) aren't what the team wears 2.) clearly go against university brand guidelines and 3.) are randomly/poorly designed.

If you're going to spend time/money on a random t-shirt design, you might as well just send the school the shirts/designs the team wears...one less sku to worry about. This is where I think the school should push Adidas harder...don't send us random off-brand stuff that never sells and doesn't even use our correct logo, give us a chance to sell a few pieces of official apparel and gauge interest.

View attachment 1876
This x 1000.

It's not complicated.

DRK331

Starter
Might have been the type of shirt I used, but I had no luck with Printful. The graphic came right off after a couple washes.

I have some custom made Mason Basketball shirts from Printful that are the Gildan 64000 and the Bella Canvas 3001 that are really good and comfy.

Printful has an Adidas Polo shirt here that you can add a Mason Basketball logo to: