Today

psyclone

Hall of Famer
If this is the case, I would expect and hope to hear TOC announce his retirement very soon (like within the next two weeks). I hope we aren't going into May not knowing if our AD is coming back or not.

Seems to me that a search committee would need to be formed immediately afterwards--do AD hires move as quickly as coach hires? Typically the cycle for academic hires is at least a semester. Mason just names the new Provost to replace Stearns today and I think he announced his retirement a better part of a year ago.

Honestly, I know it sucks, but I'm willing to wait a year if it means the house is cleaned. Regardless of what we think, I would think there's a really good chance Hewitt is gone after next year regardless if there is a new AD. People want to be judged on the merits of the individuals they hire not someone they inherit....

And Jollay implying that a large number or even small minority of people wanted James Johnson hired is laughable. Courtney, maybe, but not Johnson. That's revisionist history to try to bolster your argument.

Oh my bad. Apparently even a small minority of people didnt mention James Johnson, in general or in the Oxygen rich environment that is these boards. Must have imagined it.

P49 angry at Jollay. Twitter fight or breakdancing contest in Brooklyn next year?

F###ing San Fran Band Wan.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Seems to me that a search committee would need to be formed immediately afterwards--do AD hires move as quickly as coach hires? Typically the cycle for academic hires is at least a semester. Mason just names the new Provost to replace Stearns today and I think he announced his retirement a better part of a year ago.

To your answer yes, athletics is a different animal. I will also say that when it comes to administrations positions on the academic side they are usually negotiated well in advance of an official announcement.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Gemini did a great job figuring out numbers, and these are small in comparison, but just add these to what he said...

Let's not forget to loss in concession dollars. I'd guess the average person spends around $3 on food (some might buy $10 worth, some nothing at all, but an average.) If we have 1800 less in attendance that's $5400, times 16 games is $86,400/season.

Also, the loss in advertising dollars. Companies want to know how many eyes will be on their sign (Chic Fil A, University Mall, Geico, etc.) in the arena or in the program. The less people to see their ad, the less money they can charge.

Same goes for vendors in the concourse. I know last year I saw Verizon and a doctor's office. I'm sure if there is more traffic the cost of having a table would be more.

Now none of this is scientific of course. My point is there is more than just loss in ticket sales and donations, which most people realize already.

Patriotfan49

Starter
Well, we certainly know he doesn't have a plan because you dont know what it is.

Thats my point. I assume he has a plan....or at least I really hope hes not asleep at the wheel.

It would go a long way if TOC simply addressed all the fans/sth/donors with what his plan is to get back on track. I dont need to approve of it, but to just see him come out and address the situation and that he is doing his all may put some minds at ease. Hiding in your ivory tower while the masses are running amuck doesnt do much to project confidence or ability.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Let's not forget that wins in the tournament means a lot of publicity for the university and increased applications

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Has anyone checked to see if Ernie Nestor is still available?
There are some things that shouldn't be uttered ... even in jest. I would take PH over the coach that shall never be named any day of the week.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Harry

Starter
My impression is that Auburn could care less about NCAA sanctions or hiring coaches who operate on the ethical margin. Pearl may have a history of success but he's not the guy I want representing the university. I do want Mason to be successful in whatever they do, but not at any price.
Why would Auburn care? They beat the rap with Cam (Sham) Newton and his father...probably think they are above the law.