FOR SALE The Mason Nation Reaches Tanzania

Robot

Administrator
Posted on the MasonHoops.com Blog:

"The Mason Nation Reaches Tanzania" by Josh Holman

This past weekend in East Africa – Zanzibar to be exact, a basketball team from Tanzania was playing Uganda in something called the Mapinduzi Cup. Surprisingly, there isn’t a lot of information out there on the Mapinduzi Cup, or about the teams from Tanzania and Uganda, but check out the uniforms that the Tanzania wore […]

Continue reading...

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Very cool. Wonder if there are any potential PGs or shooting guards we can poach from the Tanzanian team for next year.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
From all the times we've lost in the CAA Final...

Attachments

• GMU.jpg
    GMU.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 402

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I hear a lot of the Tanzania fans aren't happy with their coach. I guess he used to be the coach at Kenya, but they fired him and he ended up in Tanzania. The word is he has a hard time developing his players.

1505385_271914096291805_1518640716_n.jpg 5624_271914922958389_1987105827_n.jpg 1499470_271914292958452_2010406679_n.jpg

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I hear a lot of the Tanzania fans aren't happy with their coach. I guess he used to be the coach at Kenya, but they fired him and he ended up in Tanzania. The word is he has a hard time developing his players.

View attachment 19 View attachment 20 View attachment 21

He was an awful coach at Kenya, but before that took Ivory Coast to the championship I hear.

Kenya of course waaaaaay overpaid him - had a contract for 3 goats, a dozen chickens and his choice of any one virgin maiden from the local village each year.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
When I saw the title, I thought for sure this was going to be another article by Jollay.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yea, it's been tough for Tanzania. First, their coach left to go to a South Africa squad that was in the Mbaka conference (an Africaan BCS conference), but had traditionally struggled. In his second year, South Africa won the Mbaka and went on to a nice finish in the Mandela post season tourney. Their best player also left and won the continental title 2 years later with Ethopia.

Noone really knows what happened in that situation. Whether the coach was just chasing the krugerand or the high elders were upset at what they perceived as a power play.