News Patriot Center to become EagleBank Arena

Herndon

All-Conference
I'll also mention that when Edwards was hired, perhaps his primary strength was said to be fundraising.

This may be the first easily identifiable instance of him flexing his fundraising muscles.

Last edited:

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
So if we just take the top line number - this is like $687,500 per year for 20 years. That is a decent shot if dinero. Back that up with some increased donations and we are starting to cook with grease!

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I'll admit I had my doubts. I'm not sure I ever expressed them here, but I absolutely had them. It appears that Cabrera is doing an excellent job as the GMU president, athletics included.

I think we all had them as a result of what we saw with Merten and TOC. However, after meeting Cabrera and listening to him speak and then seeing BBB - those doubts left. I cannot explain it - but I have a more confident feeling about HOW decisions are being made and communicated - not just the end results - but the HOW.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I know Miami has the "Bank United Center" and they call it the BUC. vcu has the Stuart Siegel Verizon Wireless Arena and they call it the STU. What do you see our calling the EagleBank Arena?

The eagle sounds good to me

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Somebody mentioned in jest "The Nest." I actually kind of like that.

I liked it, too, until I realized a bad crowd would prompt our enemies to mock us by calling it "The Empty Nesters," which sounds too much like the Ernie Nestors, which is a period we would all like to forget.

Son-of-a-Gunston

Preferred Walk-On
NBC 4 News... Arghhhhhh!

The short mention on News 4 at 6 of the name change of the Patriot Center to EagleBank Arena began with a video clip of the George Washington Colonials playing a game in the Smith Center!?!?

Shameful! Outrageous! ...OMG!

Careless editing. I hope, REALLY HOPE, that there is a correction on News 4 at 11 tonight. I informed them of their error via Facebook.

Haven't we suffered enough being referred as "The James Mason Colonials from the Patriot League"?!?!?
Like · Reply · Just now

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
NBC 4 News... Arghhhhhh!

The short mention on News 4 at 6 of the name change of the Patriot Center to EagleBank Arena began with a video clip of the George Washington Colonials playing a game in the Smith Center!?!?

Shameful! Outrageous! ...OMG!

Careless editing. I hope, REALLY HOPE, that there is a correction on News 4 at 11 tonight. I informed them of their error via Facebook.

Haven't we suffered enough being referred as "The James Mason Colonials from the Patriot League"?!?!?
Like · Reply · Just now

Dag-gummit NBC 4! :frustration:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I liked it, too, until I realized a bad crowd would prompt our enemies to mock us by calling it "The Empty Nesters," which sounds too much like the Ernie Nestors, which is a period we would all like to forget.

Not only that, but nests are where birds go to lay eggs.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I believe "The Nest" is a nickname used for the Baltimore Ravens stadium.