News Patriot Center to become EagleBank Arena

Steve33

Sixth Man
It appears James Madison is trying to flat out build a new arena on campus. depending on funding.

http://www.jmuconvo.com/

looks really nice. looks like something Mason should do and maybe will do at the end of this 10 year agreement with EagleBank.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
JMU has big plans. Too bad no FBS conference wants them.

$88M is a chunk of change for any school much less a regional university of very little significance.

We shall see if they can raise the $12M. Until then, I am skeptical.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
It appears James Madison is trying to flat out build a new arena on campus. depending on funding.

http://www.jmuconvo.com/

looks really nice. looks like something Mason should do and maybe will do at the end of this 10 year agreement with EagleBank.

Reading their boards this is not set in stone. Given that they only half finished their football stadium and don't seem to be making a move out of the CAA - not sure this will hit the light of day.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
JMU has big plans. Too bad no FBS conference wants them.

$88M is a chunk of change for any school much less a regional university of very little significance.

We shall see if they can raise the $12M. Until then, I am skeptical.

As stated in my previous post - this is a wish list not officially sanctioned or initiated. They haven't even finished their football stadium - it is half done.

MasonCrew

Starter
Don't really care for/about the name. Love that our AD is finding ways to get green backs. Our program needs more money. Sadly, I'm poor, so I can't help too much in that department.

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Nothing but good can come from this. We've been in the desert for the last few years. I can see the oasis on the horizon!

I don't like it. Now scores of faceless assholes from Eagle Bank will be given more attention than me at games.

Maybe I will apply to be an Eagle Bank executive. I am an expert at laundering money and used to work for the Clintons.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It always cracked me up when people claimed Cabrera wouldn't place a priority on basketball just because he wasn't as rah-rah as his predecessor. I'd much rather have a president who understands the financial impact of our basketball program over a guy who fires some t-shirts into the stands.

Merten did a lot for our university, but Cabrera accomplished something today that should have been done 25 years ago. I can't help but wonder how things would be different today had he been sitting in the Patriot Oval Office during and after our Final 4 run.

Herndon

All-Conference
It always cracked me up when people claimed Cabrera wouldn't place a priority on basketball just because he wasn't as rah-rah as his predecessor. I'd much rather have a president who understands the financial impact of our basketball program over a guy who fires some t-shirts into the stands.

Merten did a lot for our university, but Cabrera accomplished something today that should have been done 25 years ago. I can't help but wonder how things would be different today had he been sitting in the Patriot Oval Office during and after our Final 4 run.
I'll admit I had my doubts. I'm not sure I ever expressed them here, but I absolutely had them. It appears that Cabrera is doing an excellent job as the GMU president, athletics included.