OT--Tournament Talk

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I can't really see Duquesne beating Illinois to reach the Sweet 16 tbh... but 11 seed Magic could work its way

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Will the performance of teams in the NCAA tournament based on conference result in the selection committee to view that entire conference more favorably heading into next fall?

In other words a favorable bias to reward a few more at large bids to that particular conference based on recent tournament wins?
I can't believe officially that it works like that, but this kind of human nature thought process is what gives the 'big' conferences multiple-multiple bids each year ... or so I believe.

So let's just say it can't hurt the A10 in future bid consideration.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Will the performance of teams in the NCAA tournament based on conference result in the selection committee to view that entire conference more favorably heading into next fall?

In other words a favorable bias to reward a few more at large bids to that particular conference based on recent tournament wins?

If there are any bubble teams maybe. But I do know they keep track of overall conference rank (we were the 8th best conference this season).

We didn’t really have any bubble teams. If Dayton got the auto-bid that was it. Hopefully next season the teams who did well in the OOC also do well in conference and we do t va e a situation where a Loyola-Chicago finishes tied for first or a UMass finishes top 4.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
So how much do we get?
girl tells GIF

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Old Ram

Preferred Walk-On
I think it’s a 70-30 a split, which at 30% 4 units split amongst 13 teams is about 31k per year per team.

Speaking of, how come we didn’t know about signing a new media rights deal in 2023? https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/...greement-with-cbs-sports-espn-and-nbc-sports/

According to this release, we got a 40% increase in our rights fees (although I have no idea what they were so no clue what they are now).
It’s actually split amongst 14 teams in that the team that earned it doesn’t get part of that share, however Duquesne gets a share of Dayton’s units and vice versa.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I didn’t do a bracket this year, but I definitely wouldn’t have picked Oakland over Kentucky, that’s for sure!

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I didn’t do a bracket this year, but I definitely wouldn’t have picked Oakland over Kentucky, that’s for sure!

A decent amount probably did saying that Kentucky has only won one NCAAT game over the last five years.

Crazy how we'd be celebrating that statistic, yet Kentucky fans are calling for Calipari to be fired. :D