OT- beer talk

OP
GMUSSTN

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
All the Kona stuff is great but my favorites as of late have all come from Maui Brewing Company. They just put out a local-only tart saison that was extremely good. Their pineapple wheat is also good if you're in the mood for something fruity. Waikiki Brewing also put out a "light style lager" that was actually really good...perfect since Summer has been back since about April 1st.

Still, when it comes to beer that goes for less than $12/6-pack it's tough to beat Yuengling, which was the standard "always have a case in the fridge" beer for me. I think it's just home sickness. I just ordered 120 individual serving bags of Utz chips that got here last week and I've been savoring the flavors of home. Just need a crisp Yueng to balance it out.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I disrespectfully disagree with you
That's ok. More of the good stuff for me. Beer is like pizza, everyone has different tastes ... and that's cool ... although I will draw the line at Miller Lite. I'd quit drinking if that was the only beer left.

emjayar08

Sixth Man
I second this. I attended the SoCon tournament in Asheville three years ago. It was a wonderful four days of basketball, food, and beer. Better than the A10 tournament in Brooklyn.

I will definitely be going to this.
I third this. I just got engaged there last week!

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
That's ok. More of the good stuff for me. Beer is like pizza, everyone has different tastes ... and that's cool ... although I will draw the line at Miller Lite. I'd quit drinking if that was the only beer left.

Try All the Beer. Any beer is better than no beer.

emjayar08

Sixth Man
Congrats! Getting married there next month. Catch me at Burial until about 30 minutes before showtime.
Thanks!

Haha yeah, that was the first place we went afterwards. Amazing that you can go to over 10 breweries in under half a SQ mile.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Thanks!

Haha yeah, that was the first place we went afterwards. Amazing that you can go to over 10 breweries in under half a SQ mile.
I recommend La Zoom comedy city bus tours in Asheville. Enjoyable way to spend a couple hours. Beer drinking allowed on tour with a pit stop at a brewery.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Speaking of Beer Talk, Friday, May 28th, is the next B4 (Bars, Beer, Basketball, and Boards) gathering.

Last month it was PiKap, GMUBrian, and myself at Black Walnut in Leesburg. So, it's Fairfax's turn as we will congregate at Brions. Hope to see folks there. Hopefully, Brions will have something interesting on tap, otherwise it's Blue Moon for me. But the most important part is that they will have Budweiser for Patriots81.

See some of you Friday!

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Good shout about the Maui Brewing Company. The beer in Hawaii is so good.

My wife’s cousin sold his beer to Dogfishhead Brewery a few years ago. I couldn’t tell you which beer it was.

For AZ breweries, I like Pedal Haus, Wilderness, and Four Peaks. There are a ton a great microbreweries in Tucson but I can’t remember any off the top of my head.

Edit: I remember a few now: Barrio, Borderlands, and Puebla Vida. If you guys are ever out that way, Motel McCoy is this renovated dive motel that has a tap room inside with a ton of Tucson beer and AZ wine (most AZ wine sucks but there are some gems — Flying Leap Cabernet Franc was really good if you like a deep earthy red).

Last edited:

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Congrats! Getting married there next month. Catch me at Burial until about 30 minutes before showtime.

Live in RTP. I've killed many brain cells on Burial. They're making some of the best IPAs in the state without a doubt.

For those who haven't visited, Sierra Nevada's brewery out in Mill River is amazing. They didn't spare a single expense building that thing.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Speaking of Beer Talk, Friday, May 28th, is the next B4 (Bars, Beer, Basketball, and Boards) gathering.

Last month it was PiKap, GMUBrian, and myself at Black Walnut in Leesburg. So, it's Fairfax's turn as we will congregate at Brions. Hope to see folks there. Hopefully, Brions will have something interesting on tap, otherwise it's Blue Moon for me. But the most important part is that they will have Budweiser for Patriots81.

See some of you Friday!
Time?

phoenix-arizona

All-American
My wife’s cousin sold his beer to Dogfishhead Brewery a few years ago. I couldn’t tell you which beer it was.

For AZ breweries, I like Pedal Haus, Wilderness, and Four Peaks. There are a ton a great microbreweries in Tucson but I can’t remember any off the top of my head.

Edit: I remember a few now: Barrio, Borderlands, and Puebla Vida. If you guys are ever out that way, Motel McCoy is this renovated dive motel that has a tap room inside with a ton of Tucson beer and AZ wine (most AZ wine sucks but there are some gems — Flying Leap Cabernet Franc was really good if you like a deep earthy red).

Ah cool. I liked Four Peaks but living in Chandler I tended to just go to San Tan (which is tasty). I've been a while since I've been in Phoenix but I do want to check out Wilderness next time I'm in town.

We are lucky in Oregon to be surrounded by great breweries.