Oregon State starts 5 walk on's

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ile&rand=ref~{"ref":"http://t.co/z4OOSysqB4"}

Oregon State coach Wayne Tinkle started five walk-ons Wednesday night in the final home game of the season, which the Beavers lost 65-62 to in-state rival Oregon.

Tinkle, in his first season as head coach of the Beavers, does not have any seniors on the team.

Godofredo Vasquez/USA TODAY SportsBeavers coach Wayne Tinkle started five walk-ons Wednesday in the final home game of the regular reason.

He started four players who made the team in an open tryout Oct. 4 and one who was a practice player last season under former coach Craig Robinson.

"Some people might call me crazy and maybe I am," Tinkle said, "but it was something our guys deserved."

He started 6-foot-10 junior Justin Stangel, 6-foot guard AJ Hedgecock and three freshmen: 6-6 forward Matt Dahlen, 6-4 guard Tanner Sanders and 6-3 guard Dylan Livesay.

Those players might not be on the team next season due to a strong recruiting class.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Get it right guys, the first play that would be run would be an alley oop..................on us.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
G Mas recruited, and offered, schollies for those kids. They turned them down to walk-on at powerful Oregon St...

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
But could a good coach take five walk-ons and beat a Hewitt coached team with 5 first round draft picks?

And assume the future NBA players are very athletic but limited basketball smarts.

Discuss

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Guess you don't have a future in comedy. And the way you rip guys on here there was no reason to think you weren't being an a**. Don't blame the messenger.

Probably not! LOL. However, who did I rip on the boards?

KAOriginal

All-American
But could a good coach take five walk-ons and beat a Hewitt coached team with 5 first round draft picks?

And assume the future NBA players are very athletic but limited basketball smarts.

Discuss

Kennesaw St beating Hewitt and Georgia Tech.....not too far off from reality.