Nyla Milleson

JPgmuswim

Starter

Daniel Frank

@n1a2v3y4

·
1h

Final | GW 68 Mason 39. Patriots finish conference play 0-14 and will be the 14-seed in the A-10 Tournament. They will face the 11-seed in the 1st Round on March 10 4:00 on ESPN+. #RevRivalry#A10WBB

This is my nomination for the worst prediction by a member of a Mason coaching staff:

Bob Dunn

@CoachBobDunn

·
Nov 9, 2020

LOL. About to prove a lot of people wrong!

Quote Tweet

hBCO7CBj_normal.jpg

A-10 Women's Hoops

@A10WBB
· Nov 9, 2020

Here it is (drum please) - your 2020-21 #A10WBB Preseason Poll, as voted on by the league's head basketball coaches!

November 25 is right around the corner!

: https://bit.ly/3pa2VHm

Someone needs to let Dawn know that the women worked really hard and made the A-10 tournament.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I commend Coach Milleson for her program's academic excellence, and wish her the best in her future endeavors.

With all the local talent, is there any reason why Mason can't reasonably contend for A10 championships?

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://giantkiller.co/2021/03/11/r...esons-tenure-as-head-womens-basketball-coach/:

"College basketball can be cruel at times. As a basketball analyst, it’s hard to argue that the change at head coach was anything but necessary. But as someone who cares about this program, probably too much for my own good, I feel a lot of sadness with the end of this era. Yes, we all want to win and compete, that’s why these hard decisions sometimes have to be made. But it’s hard to have to say goodbye to such good people.

It’s great to see Coach Milleson already landing on her feet, as of this morning, she officially took the job as Hollister School District Athletic Director in her home state of Missouri. I wish Nyla nothing but the best in her future."

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I was a fan of Coach Milleson's and was rooting for her. I had met her at an event during her first year, and because of how much I was impressed with her, I started going to most of the women's games and making donations to the women's team (until Mason and I parted ways). She represented the school well and seemed to be really genuinely good person, and ran a clean program. I am sad that she was not successful at Mason and wish her the best.

Unfortunately, she was not even moderately successful in the one other area that she had to be, on the court. So and it was time for her and Mason to part ways.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
https://giantkiller.co/2021/03/11/r...esons-tenure-as-head-womens-basketball-coach/:

"College basketball can be cruel at times. As a basketball analyst, it’s hard to argue that the change at head coach was anything but necessary. But as someone who cares about this program, probably too much for my own good, I feel a lot of sadness with the end of this era. Yes, we all want to win and compete, that’s why these hard decisions sometimes have to be made. But it’s hard to have to say goodbye to such good people.

It’s great to see Coach Milleson already landing on her feet, as of this morning, she officially took the job as Hollister School District Athletic Director in her home state of Missouri. I wish Nyla nothing but the best in her future."

The entire article is quite a tribute to Coach Milleson as a warm and caring person. Nicely written. Makes me especially sorry that it didn't work out at Mason for her.

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://www.news-leader.com/story/s...coach-resigns-become-hollister-ad/4648134001/:

"A familiar name to high school and college athletics in southwest Missouri is back in the area.

Hollister R-V School District announced Thursday morning that Nyla Milleson has been tabbed as its next athletic director, upon the retirement of John Burgi.

'Nyla Milleson is a person of outstanding character and will be a wonderful leader for our program,' Dr. Jared Terry, HHS Principal, for the 2021-2022 school year, said in a release. 'She brings a proven record of success on the court and in developing successful student-athletes with exceptional character. We are very excited to have Coach Milleson joining the Hollister Tiger Family!'

'While hanging the whistle up is going to be tough,' Milleson added. 'I am ready for a new challenge and to impact student-athletes in a new way. To have the opportunity to be the full-time athletic director for Hollister Schools is a dream come true. I am excited to be a part of such a great school district and awesome community.'

Milleson returns to the Ozarks after serving as George Mason's head women's basketball coach since 2013-14. The school announced her resignation Thursday morning after leading the program to a 98-140 record in eight seasons.

The former Missouri State head coach was fired in 2013 after leading the Lady Bears to a 105-87 record from 2007-13. She led the Lady Bears to one regular-season title and three 20-win seasons. She was replaced by Kellie Harper.

Milleson started her collegiate coaching career with a seven-year stint as Drury's first-ever women's basketball coach where her teams averaged 26.4 wins per year.

The Goodland, Kansas, native started her Ozarks coaching career as the head coach of the Glendale High Lady Falcons where she led GHS to a 158-39 record in seven seasons. The Lady Falcons won a Missouri Class 4A state title in 1996 and she was named the Associated Press Missouri Coach of the Year."

Last edited: