Name the next head coach (a GMUJim tribute album)

Herndon

All-Conference
Zach Spiker should be at the top of BE's list. I follow Army basketball and have sat behind his bench and the guy really knows how to coach and communicate with young men. He's young, has energy, smart, and gets the best out of his players. He will be on a lot of AD's short list at the end of this season.

Whooooooo. Reading about this guy, I'm SOLD.

ODUCoach

Four-star Recruit
So, perhaps I have no business here, but those of you who know me, know that I have no ill intentions. I have a minor obsession with the college basketball coaching carousel, and very recent experience with it as a fan, but if you don't mind, I'll gladly toss out a few names that I think might be good choices for you.

Here are two BCS assistants who I think would be great fits:

Tim Fuller (Missouri)
Kenny Anderson (Louisville; was at Indiana)

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Randolph Childress. His son just signed with Wake, but he would follow his father.

KAOriginal

All-American
Brad Edwards if you read these boards.....

1) Fire Hewitt now. No use keeping him to 3/1 and give him the retention bonus to fire him 2 weeks later.

2) Even if we lose every game under whichever assistant you promote....it doesn't matter. Not winning this year is no different than winning 10 games. WHOOPEE DEE DO. This is a rebuild situation for the next coach any way.

3) You have the rest of the year to "be ahead" and market this opening before the slew of other ADs that wait out the year. Get the feelers out, put it on people;s radar and take the time to target your candidates now and not in the mad rush at the end.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
So, perhaps I have no business here, but those of you who know me, know that I have no ill intentions. I have a minor obsession with the college basketball coaching carousel, and very recent experience with it as a fan, but if you don't mind, I'll gladly toss out a few names that I think might be good choices for you.

Tim Fuller (Missouri)

I believe you mean Kenny Johnson, and I like his ties to the area (used to coach at Paul VI) and is from Oxon Hill.

MasonCrew

Starter
It's almost encouraging to see so many fans from other schools weighing in our coaching situation. On the A10 boards, they are just ripping Hewitt to shreds with almost unanimous consent that he shouldn't last the season.

I say almost encouraging because it's good to see we're not suffering from bias, but it's sad in so far as people feel as badly for us as they do.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

Tim Fuller (Missouri)

Coach, you're always welcome here. Even during our CAA days you were never a tool like some of the other ODU posters.

KAOriginal

All-American
I just realized all those years of making fun of JMU and Sherman Dillard finally came home to roost by getting our own version.....

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Jay Larranaga and not just for nostalgia's sake. I think he'd have to get the right assistants though.
That might be the only way to remove the curse placed on our school by Coach L to punish TOC. It would also be a way of getting Coach L back for the dedication of Jim Larranaga Court.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
That might be the only way to remove the curse placed on our school by Coach L to punish TOC. It would also be a way of getting Coach L back for the dedication of Jim Larranaga Court.

Jim Larranaga Court will one day happen. It's not a matter of if, just when.

couchcoach

Sixth Man
my brother predrag coach in belgrade. he is coach of best team. i think he can coach the george mason basketball

KAOriginal

All-American
[This state of this program is very reminiscent of Marshall after the 1970 plane crash.

Our program, our school and community need healing and rebuilding.

Who can be our Jack Lengyel?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
[This state of this program is very reminiscent of Marshall after the 1970 plane crash.

Our program, our school and community need healing and rebuilding.

Who can be our Jack Lengyel?

We already had him, but he took his talents to Coral Gables.

Good luck finding another one.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
We already had him, but he took his talents to Coral Gables.

Good luck finding another one.
Exactly. At best, we have about a 20% chance of hiring a coach who will be successful (NCAA twice every five years and advancing to Sweet 16 once a decade).